This soup is traditionally served cold. Older potatoes are recommended because the longer they sit, the starch in the potatoes begins to turn to sugar.
- 3 cups peeled, sliced potatoes
- 3 cups sliced white of leeks
- 1 1/2 quarts white stock, chicken stock or broth
- salt to taste
- 1/2 -1 cup heavy cream
- salt and white pepper
- 2-3 T. minced chives
- Simmer the vegetables in stock or broth for 40-50 minutes.
- Puree the soup with a blender, food processor or immersion blender.
- Stir in cream.
- Season to taste, over salting very slightly as salt loses flavor in a cold dish.
- Serve with minced chives.