This week, the first of our lisianthus will make its debut. This is a gorgeous flower similar to a rose without the thorns. And so elegant… you’d never guess it’s native to American prairies. Lisianthus is also one of the best cut flowers — it will last in the vase for 2 to 3 weeks where multiple blossoms will continue to open. We only have a limited amount this week, so please catch us early to get these.
You can find us this week on the following days:
- Wednesday from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the Historic Lewes Farmers Market (HLFM) located at Kings Highway across from Crooked Hammock Brewery.
- Thursday and Friday from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Hattie’s Garden located at 31341 Kendale Road in Lewes.
- Saturday from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the HLFM located at George H.P. Smith Park. For good parking and easy access, use Sussex Drive off of Savannah Road and park in one of the school parking lots. Follow the signs. You can enter directly into the market from the parking lot behind the school.
If these times/dates do not work for you, please email Hattie to make other arrangements.
What’s Available This Week
- Hakurei Turnips — A nice new planting of turnips with beautiful greens.
- Cherry Tomatoes — Pints of mixed cherry tomatoes in all colors and sizes.
- Young Arugula — Tasty, young and triple-washed.
- Cut Flowers — Our flowers are gorgeous this week. In addition to the lisianthus, we will have spectacular gladiolus, beautiful tall blue ageratum, lovely snapdragons, showy celosia, gorgeous gomphrena, multi-colored double-click cosmos (these are prized for their silky, daisy-like flowers), and amazing Benary giant zinnias.
We do prepare in advance a few bouquets mixing various flowers, or you can have us make you a custom bouquet with your choice of flowers. All our cut flowers come with a packet of flower food.
Yours in the Garden & at the Markets,