We are now approaching Thanksgiving. Hattie’s Garden would like to extend our gratitude and thanks to all of you.
You can get last minute items from Hattie’s Garden this Tuesday from 1 to 5 p.m. We will have everything in stock you see below, including plenty of fresh salad greens.
Jen’s Pies for Thanksgiving!
Available for pickup on Tuesday at Hattie’s Garden, is our debut of Jen’s Pies! Made completely from scratch and with mostly organic ingredients, these pies are incredibly delicious. This is a last minute addition and you MUST order now by emailing Hattie to be sure you get the pie you want on Tuesday. Jen will make a couple of extra to sell to those of you who arrive first on Tuesday, but order now to reserve.
All pies are made using raw honey and organic agave nectar as sweeteners, organic flour, organic butter, Black Hog Farmstead duck eggs, fresh ground spices, organic cream, and vanilla almond milk. Regular pie crusts are made with organic butter, not shortening. Gluten free pie crusts are also available (made with coconut, rice and sorghum flour). Pies are $16 each, or $20 for pies made with gluten free pie crusts.
- Pecan — using raw unsalted pecans.
- Pumpkin — organic pumpkin.
- Sweet Potato Pie — locally grown sweet potatoes.
- Apple Pie — apples from Fischers’ Farm.
Off-Season Delivery / Pickup
Look for our first delivery/pickup order form to arrive in your email box on Sunday evening, November 28.
All the details for our service will be included in the email and we hope to represent approximately 15 vendors from the Historic Lewes Farmers Market.
The deadline for ordering will be Wednesday at noon and your order will be ready for pickup or delivery on December 5.
What’s Available This Week from Hattie
The following will be available from Hattie’s Garden on Tuesday, from 1 to 5 p.m.
- Salad Greens — We will have plenty of nice gourmet young lettuces, flavorful arugula and delicious, tender mesclun for your large holiday salads. All the salad greens are triple-washed.
- Mustard Greens — We will be harvesting beautiful young Curly mustard and Mizuna.
- Braising Greens Mix — This wonderful mix includes red and green pac choi, purple and green mizuna, bright red mustard and leaf broccoli. Eat it raw, juice it, use as a braising green, steam lightly or stir fry.
- Hakurei Turnips — The gourmet salad turnip.
- Radishes — A new bed of these rich, bright red roots are ready for the table. These radishes are crisp and tasty.
- Young Red Russian Kale — We have lots of young, delicious Red Russian kale for our Thanksgiving harvest.
- Berggarten Sage — German sage with large oval leaves that sets it apart from common sage. Absolutely wonderful earthy aroma and flavor. We save this hearty herb for the holidays!
- Mojito Mint — Wonderful variety for all your mint uses, including cocktails.
- Duck Eggs — From Black Hog Homestead.
The following items are from Deep Grass Organics.
- Yukon Gold Potatoes — Deep Grass will provide more of these delicious of potatoes.
- Red Onions — Mild and sweet, multi-purpose red onions.
- Candy Sweet Yellow Onions — Sweet, yellow onion.
- Butternut Squash — Perfect small butternut squashed that can be halved for individual servings.
- Acorn Squash — It derives its name from its distinctive acorn shape.
- Garlic — Nice large heads of beautiful garlic.
- Salsa — Medium heat in 12 oz. jars.
- Hot Horseradish Mustard — Available in 12 oz. jars.
Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving!
Yours in the garden throughout the winter,