Have you had your arugula and tomato salad this summer?
This week, we are featuring some of the best arugula and tomatoes of the season. And to get you in the mood, I’ve posted a recipe to tell you how we serve these items together. Bon Appétit!
Important reminder! The Historic Lewes Farmers Market (HLFM) will be at Shields Elementary School this Saturday, August 2 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. We expect lovely weather and easy parking at Shields.
What’s Available This Week
The following will be available at Hattie’s Garden and the HLFM this week:
- Tomatoes – Our tomatoes are very ripe this week. We have nice heirlooms, great tasting hybrids, gorgeous paste and mixed pints of cherry tomatoes.
- Arugula – It’s beautiful, clean and very flavorful.
- Loose Leaf Lettuce – Very nice this week with our cooler weather!
- Mesclun – A nice mix of lettuce with enough arugula to give it a little kick
- Patty Pan Squash – We have many sizes available. Large for stuffing, tiny for gourmet dishes and medium size for preparing on the grill or any way you might wish to prepare summer squash.
- Swiss Chard – We continue to cut just the tender young leaves of this versatile green.
- Specialty Cut Flowers – We can make you a bouquet to include the flowers you love, or you may chose one of our beautiful arrangements. Flowers this week:
- Lisianthus – Beautiful in champagne or lavender.
- Tall Blue Ageratum – Looks stunning with our Lisianthus.
- Zinnias – Always a favorite.
- Gomphrena – A very nice purple filler that can also stand alone.
- Gladiolus – The gladiolus just add that spectacular touch to a bouquet.
- Cosmos – Sensation Cosmos and Double-Click Cosmos in mixed colors and especially cranberry color
Yours in the garden and at the table…