Another soggy day. Rain, clouds and chilly temps too. But this will finally give way beginning tomorrow with more seasonable temperatures with, yes, a hint of the sun peeking through.
By Wednesday, we’ll finally have a fully sunny day. Combined with drier air and drier weather, high temps will reach to the upper 60s to low 70s. Much better!
It’s going to be a great week to do your planting. The ground is wet and ready to receive new life!
Fresh Produce this Week
We’re thrilled to be offering a good batch of freshly-harvested vegetables and herbs this week. Please look in the blue coolers for our triple-washed greens. Our salad mixes last a long time because of the care we take in harvesting and preparing them for you and then keeping them nice and cool.
- Loose leaf lettuce — Cut at a young and tender stage of growth and includes a delightful variety of colors, shapes and textures. Triple-washed and kept cold in our coolers.
- Arugula — Young arugula, triple-washed and bagged.
- Mesclun — Triple-Washed & Bagged.
- Radishes — The radishes we are pulling are nice and small, so they will not be overpoweringly spicy.
- Hakurei Turnips — This white salad turnip sets the standard for flavor. Use both the greens and the turnips (which don’t need to be peeled).
- Broccoli — Saturday only, we hope … it is still growing for you!
- Fresh-cut Herbs — Available this week are Dill and Cilantro.
Plants this Week
We have an absolute abundance of plants that you will love. While we do bring as many plants as possible to the HLFM, you will find a more comprehensive selection at the Garden from 10 to 5 on Tuesday through Friday this week.
Our herbs are really beginning to take off and there are many varieties to choose from. We will have lots more herbs are coming throughout the month of May. All the basil varieties will be ready by mid-May, and will continue to be available throughout June. It loves the warmest weather!
Tomatoes, Peppers and Eggplant Plants
We have a beautiful selection of Heirloom, Hybrid and Cherry tomatoes. Both Asian and Italian eggplant varieties are ready for planting, and the gastronomically indispensable hot pepper plants, a good selection of sweet pepper plants and sweet bell peppers are now ready.
Flowers include French Marigolds that are great for cheering up any garden, a variety of zinnias in mixed or individual colors, impressive Cosmos, and edible Jewel Mix Nasturtiums in large pots for your deck or small trays for the garden.
Other Vegetable Plants
Our summer squash includes Patty Pan, Yellow Squash and Zucchini. We also have cucumbers — the old standby for slicing Marketmore Cucumber, the delightful pickling (or eating) Little-leaf Cucumber, and the enjoyably mild Super Zagross Middle Eastern. Other vegetable plants include Swiss Chard, lettuce mix, and arugula in six-pack containers.
Yours in the Garden and Market,