We are happy to announce our new summer seasonal hours for June, July and August will be every Thursday and Friday from 3 to 6.
Come by for produce, plants, flowers and advice!
Hattie’s Garden is a small market garden on Kendale Rd. in Lewes, DE. Please find our home and garden by the number on our mailbox during designated hours only. The garden and greenhouse are behind our home and all produce for sale is located in our large garage area. Enter the garage through the door on the side of the garage just behind the house.
To visit us at an alternative time, please contact Hattie Hattie to make other arrangements.
In addition, we can always be found at the Historic Lewes Farmers Market (HLFM) every Saturday from 8 a.m. to noon. The HLFM is held on the grounds of the Lewes Historical Society, Third and Shipcarpenter Streets, except for 6/27, 7/11 & 8/1, when it is located at the Shields Elementary School.
Don’t miss a single post – sign up now!
Plants for Your Garden
We continue to offer the nicest plants available at this time of year. We plant new seeds and grow new plants all spring and we are displaying our final planting of many of our vegetables such as , peppers and eggplants.
We have a full line of our zinnias which include cutting zinnias at several heights & our bedding zinnias. We also have a nice selection of French open-pollinated marigolds, also in various colors and heights.
If you’d like to grow your own pot of mojito-style mint, come by for a free bare-rooted stem, place it in your own potting soil in a pot and watch it grow! We will be glad to help you get started.
Our produce list continues to grow and this week is the first week we hope to provide a variety of ingredients in our fresh cut flower bouquets, including Rocket Snap Dragons, Larkspur and Amazon Neon Purple Dianthus.
- Young Arugula — It’s back and beautiful with great flavor. Triple-washed and kept cold for you in our coolers.
- Loose Leaf Lettuce — Cut at a young and tender stage of growth and includes a delightful variety of colors, shapes and textures. Triple-washed and kept cold in our coolers.
- Mesclun — Mix of young arugula and loose leaf. Triple-washed and kept cold in our coolers.
- Forellenschluss Romaine Lettuce — An absolutely gorgeous romaine with the delicate taste and texture of a butterhead.
- Young Carrots — Slim early carrots are sweet and delicious.
- Young Hakurei Turnips — This white salad turnip sets the standard for flavor.
- Fun Jen Chinese Cabbage — A good lettucy-type Chinese cabbage with semi-loose conical very light yellow-green ruffled 6×10″ heads of crunchy texture and very mild delicate flavor, somewhat like lettuce. The thick white ribs are tasty with a pleasing light tangy sweetness. Enjoy raw or slightly stir-fried or steamed.
- Fresh cut Italian Parsley — Also known as flat-leaf parsley, Italian parsley is the best variety for cooking.
Yours in the Garden,