Salsa with Cilantro
Nothing beats this simple recipe for homemade salsa to showcase Hattie’s cilantro and tomatoes.
- 1/3 cup minced onion (or scallions)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 hot pepper of your choice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (or lemon)
- 2 garlic cloves (pressed or minced)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste
- Mix all ingredients in small bowl.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover & chill for one hour in the refrigerator before serving.
It will keep for three or four days.