We are rolling in tomatoes this week with a lovely selection of freshly harvested ripe heirlooms.
We also have an abundance of cherry tomatoes in mixed pints that include Sun Gold, Sun Peach, Supersweet 100, White Cherry and half pints of little Jasper cherry tomatoes with the rich old-fashioned tomato flavor.
We should have plenty of arugula this week, Hakurei Turnips, and lots of flowers in bouquets. All our flower bouquets come with a packet of plant food to help them stay fresh, which should be at least a week.
Thanks to everyone who braved the crowds and attended the HLFM Tomato Festival last Saturday. The weather was gorgeous and it was a great crowd with lots of fun for all.
What’s Available This Week
You can find us this week at the Garden beginning Tuesday through Friday from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m., or the Wednesday HLFM Market (by the Crooked Hammock) from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m., and of course on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the HLFM located at George H.P. Smith Park. If these times/dates do not work for you, please email Hattie to make other arrangements.
- Cherry Tomatoes — Mixed pints in all colors and sizes, and half pints of the delicious Jasper — the kid friendly little cherry everyone loves.
- Heirloom Tomatoes — Our heirlooms include the delectable Pineapple Bicolor, fabulous German Johnson and yummylicious Cherokee Purple.
- Basil — We have plenty of fresh cut basil to go with our tomatoes.
- Arugula — It’s young, clean and flavorful. Triple-washed and kept cold for you in our coolers.
- Hakurei Turnips — This white salad turnip sets the standard for flavor. Use both the greens and the turnips (which don’t need to be peeled).
- Specialty Cut Flowers — Lovely Lisianthus in a range of colors from white to lavender to blue, amazing Benary Giant Zinnias, cheery Gomphrena, stunning Double Click Cosmos, and beautiful Tall Blue Ageratum. Each of our flower cuttings, which will last you at least a full week, are pretty enough to stand alone in a vase. Choose a freshly prepared bouquet, or have a custom bouquet made for you on the spot, which comes complete with a packet of flower food.
Yours in the garden and at the markets,