Roasted Daikon with Carrots
Enjoy this delicious low calorie nutrient packed dish when daikon and carrots are available.
- 1 large onion sliced
- any amount carrots sliced and/or chopped into bite-sized pieces
- any amount daikon radish sliced and/or chopped into bite-sized pieces
- any other root vegetables you wish to add, also sliced and/or chopped into bite-sized pieces
- olive oil
- garlic, crushed or chopped finely
- sea salt to taste
- fresh dill (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375-400 degrees
- In a large bowl, mix vegetables and garlic with olive oil to coat light to medium
- Place in shallow pan
- Roast until soft
- Add fresh dill prior to serving if you wish
Cooking time varies with amount of vegetables and how they are layered. Less time for a single layer, more time for more vegetables. My roasted vegetables usually take about 45 minutes for 4 large servings in a 9 x 12 pan.[br][br]Heat should be high enough so vegetables don’t become soggy and if you use too much olive oil, vegetables can also become soggy.