redux (adj.) that has been brought back, revived, restored, etc. used — postpositively.
In other words, we are bringing back, reviving, restoring, etc. last week’s post, which means the same produce in addition to the two varieties of garlic from the purple-striped family.
- Chesnok Red — full flavored garlic that is sweet when roasted with a mellow aftertaste that sticks around nicely for a while.
- Central Asian — heirloom with delicate and mild garlic flavor that compliments other flavors without overwhelming them.
What’s Available This Week
The following is available at the Wednesday (8-11) Historic Lewes Farmers Market (HLFM) located by the Crooked Hammock Brewery on King’s Highway near Dartmouth Drive and Rt. 1., on Thursday and Friday at Hattie’s Garden from 2 to 5, and the HLFM on Saturday from 8 to 12.
- Purple-Striped Hardneck Garlic — Two varieties: Chesnok Red which is both the best baking garlic and sweetest roasting garlic; and Central Asian, a beautiful Central Asian heirloom garlic that is mild and creamy when cooked, but hot when raw.
- Heirloom Tomatoes — Several types of Heirloom tomatoes and pints of mixed cherry tomatoes in all colors and sizes.
- Young Arugula — Triple-washed and bagged.
- Loose Leaf lettuce — Triple-washed and bagged.
- Scallions — Young and delicious.
- Green Beans — Tender and delicious.
- Potatoes — Newly harvested. On Saturday at the HLFM only.
- Specialty Cut Flowers — Choose a freshly prepared beautiful bouquet or have a custom bouquet made on the spot. Each bouquet comes with flower food, and is guaranteed to last at least a week.
Yours in the Garden & at the Markets,