Hattie’s Garden is happy to be providing freshly-picked Provider Green Beans this week. They are finally cooperating for us as the weather cools just a bit, and we are happy to be picking them in abundance.
Widely used in many kinds of recipes, the ‘Provider’ variety is well flavored and delicious. We always pick them when they are young, and they store well for long periods of time.
You can get them at the Garden on Thursday and Friday from 2 to 5, or at the Historic Lewes Farmers Fall Market (HLFM) on Saturday from 9 to 12, located in the Shields Elementary parking lot, just off Savannah Road.
If you are traveling down Savannah Road from Five Points toward the City of Lewes, you will see signs for the market and someone from the City of Lewes Police Department directing traffic.
Please Note: HLFM Fall Market hours (9 a.m. to 12 p.m.) and location (Shields School).
What’s Available This Week
The following will be available this week on Thursday and Friday from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m at Hattie’s Garden, and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the HLFM located at the Shields Elementary parking lot.
- Fresh Young Ginger — Yes, we still have some ginger and if you would like to freeze some for the winter, be sure to get it in the next two weeks!
- Loose Leaf Lettuce — Triple-washed and bagged.
- Mesclun Mix — Triple-washed and bagged.
- Radishes — Beautiful red radishes.
- Green Beans — Nice picking of Provider green beans.
- Fresh Eggs — Available at the Garden only, we carry eggs by the dozen from Twin Post Farms.
- Specialty Cut Flowers — Choose a freshly prepared beautiful bouquet. Or have a custom bouquet made on the spot. This week we will have zinnias, ageratum, celosia and gomphrena. Each bouquet comes with flower food, and is guaranteed to last at least a week.
Yours in the Garden & at the Market,