Hattie’s Garden will be open for the sale of produce & herbs, and plants for your home gardens on Thursday, June 10 from 10 to 4, and Saturday, June 12 from 9 to 12. We will also be at the Wednesday Historic Lewes Farmers Market (HLFM) on June 9, from 8 to 11.
If these times/dates do not work for you, please email Hattie to make other arrangements.
HLFM Wednesday Market
Located by the Crooked Hammock Brewery on King’s Highway near Dartmouth Drive and Rt. 1, the Historic Lewes Farmers Market (HLFM) Wednesday Market, runs every week from 8 to 11, from June through September.
We really enjoyed our first market last week at this location. It was wonderful to see everyone. If you haven’t had a chance to visit this market, we hope to see you there. It’s convenient and easy.
We will be bringing items exclusively harvested and grown at Hattie’s Garden. See below for a list of available produce for this week.
We will also bring a selection of plants to the market and encourage you to also check out Hattie’s Garden on Thursday or Saturday to visit our entire selection of plants.
Specialty cut flowers are just one week away and we will have zinnias, dianthus and cosmos and celosia in beautiful bouquets beginning Wednesday, June 16.
Produce, Herbs and Other Food Items
Produce and Herbs from Hattie’s Garden
Freshly harvested produce and herbs from Hattie’s Garden can be purchased at Hattie’s Garden during our open hours on Thursday and Saturday, at the Wednesday HLFM or through our Saturday Pickup/Delivery Service (deadline for placing your order is Tuesday at 8 PM).
- Garlic Scapes — These can be used just like garlic in recipes. They are very versatile. Try them in a sauté, roasted, pickled, added to soups, and more. The most tender tops of the stem and the buds are delicious chopped up raw.
- Arugula — Young arugula, triple-washed and bagged.
- Mesclun — Triple-Washed & bagged.
- Mixed lettuce — Cut at a young and tender stage of growth and includes a delightful variety of colors, shapes and textures. Triple-washed.
- Sugar Snap Peas — Get them while they last.
- Young Swiss Chard — Delicious.
- Young Carrots — In limited supply, only available at the garden.
- Young Beets — Young bunches with greens.
- Hakurei Turnips — Sweet, crunchy, and great raw in a salad, yet versatile enough to be added to soups and stir-fry.
- Herbs — Fresh cut Dill, Cilantro, Parsley (Curly and Flat) and Rosemary.
Produce and Other Food Items from Vendors
The following produce and food items from our vendors are available to purchase only during our open hours at the Garden on Thursday and Saturday, or through the Saturday Pickup/Delivery Service (deadline for placing your order is Tuesday at 8 PM).
- Dittmar Chicken — Half and whole chickens.
- AlaskaWild Seafoods — Salmon, Alaska Cod and Rockfish from Alaska sustainably managed waters.
- Twin Post Farm — Free-range chicken eggs.
- Chapel’s Country Creamery — An assortment of fresh cheese from grass fed cows.
- Stag Run — Chrissy Bee’s honey.
We are still offering a huge selection of plants, including a new batch of mixed profusion bedding zinnias, and our final planting of tomatoes, eggplant, pepper plants, cucumbers and squash. We have marigolds, cosmos, celosia and nasturtiums, and lots of herbs for you.
Pickup/Delivery Service Active Until Tuesday, 8 PM
While you can purchase some produce and food items from our vendors during our open hours at the Garden, many items can only be purchased through our online service. Please refer to the June 12 Pickup/Delivery Service for what is available and other information on placing an order for this Saturday’s service.
Through this service you can order for pickup or delivery on Saturday, the produce and herbs we grow, as well as a variety of other produce, vegetables, and authentic food from local farmers and vendors. Please note the products from the following vendors can only be purchased through our online system.
- King Mushrooms— Fresh mushrooms from their farm in Barclay, MD on Maryland’s Eastern Shore.
- Backyard Jams & Jellies — Dozens of homemade jams & jellies.
- Totem Farms — Microgreens and fresh produce.
- Dittmar Farms Produce — Freshly harvested produce.
The deadline for placing your order is Tuesday at 8 PM.
Directions to Hattie’s Garden
Hattie’s Garden is located at 31341 Kendale Rd in Lewes approximately 3 miles from Plantation Road (also known as Rt. 1D), coming inland on either Robinsonville Rd. or Beaver Dam Rd (Rt. 23 South).
Kendale Rd. is a short road (0.6 miles) between Robinsonville and Beaver Dam Road. The house is fifth on the left from Beaver Dam Rd, and has a large wooden fence in front of house with purple trim.
Park in the graveled area facing the fence. If you don’t see us, you may toot your horn. We could be processing things in the garage or working outside in the garden.
Reminder that you do not need an appointment. Simply show up during our open hours of operation. We prefer cash or checks, and do have the capability to take credit cards if necessary.
Yours in the garden and at the market,