Hattie’s Garden will be open this week on Wednesday (September 23) and Thursday (September 24) from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., and Saturday (September 26), from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. for the sale of Hattie’s produce, and a few artisan food items from our vendors.
No appointment is necessary, but please review our safety protocols below.
For those of you who prefer to place an order for pickup or delivery on Saturday, September 26, remember that deadline is Tuesday at 8 p.m. Please refer to Sunday’s Delivery/Pickup email for more details.
And of course, stop by the Garden during our open hours for items listed here that are not available through the order form, or for mid-week groceries.
What’s Available to pickup from Hattie this Week
During Hattie’s Garden open hours this week you may pick up the following:
- Basil — Beautiful Basil is ON SALE THIS WEEK, $8 lb. Make pesto or freeze your basil with olive oil for use all winter.
- Lemongrass — Use in stir-fries, soups, drinks, etc. Delicious lemony herb is a feature of Asian cooking everywhere.
- Fresh young Ginger — Juicy, mild with translucent skin that needs no peeling and is easy to cook with. Much less fibrous and fiery, it is a real delicacy.
- Jade Green Beans — Tender texture, sweet flavor and simply delicious.
- Sweet and Hot Peppers — A nice variety.
- Rosemary — Fresh cut.
- Stag Run — A nice selection of apples: Ruby McIntosh, Gala, Fuji and Jona Gold & Chrissy Bee’s honey.
- Kennebec Potatoes — from Dittmar Family Farms.
- Red Pontiac Potatoes — from Dittmar Family Farms.
- Chapel’s Country Creamery — Chapel Cheddar, Chesapeake Brie, Amber 16, Woodbine, Bay Blue, Queso Fresco and Paneer cheese.
- AlaskaWild Seafoods — Smoked Salmon, Coho Salmon, Sockeye Salmon, Alaskan Rockfish and Alaskan Cod.
- Dittmar Family Farms — Whole Chickens, Half chickens and Chicken Liver.
- Twin Post Farm — Free-range chicken eggs.
What’s available through the Online Order Form Only
If you want products from the vendors listed below, please place an order through our online ordering system for pickup or delivery on Saturday, September 26.
- Totem Farms — Microgreens, herbs and fresh produce.
- Fresh Harvest — Hydroponically-grown produce.
- Nancy’s Cafe — Freshly prepared food.
- King Mushrooms — Fresh mushrooms from their farm in Barclay, MD on Maryland’s Eastern Shore.
Please place your order as soon as possible. We may reach capacity prior to the deadline, or run out of certain items.
You may stay in your car and we will come to you. If you get out of your car, you must be wearing a mask and we ask that you maintain your distance from us and others. If you see other customers out of their cars, please remain in your car until the crowd thins out, or allow us to take care of you in turn by coming to your window. (We will wear masks and we would like you to wear one as well.)
Directions to Hattie’s Garden
Hattie’s Garden is located at 31341 Kendale Rd in Lewes approximately 3 miles from Plantation Road (also known as Rt. 1D), coming inland on either Robinsonville Rd. or Beaver Dam Rd (Rt. 23 South).
Kendale Rd. is a short road (0.6 miles) between Robinsonville and Beaver Dam Road. The house is fifth on the left from Beaver Dam Rd, and has a large wooden fence in front of house with purple trim.
Park in the graveled area facing the fence. If you don’t see us, you may toot your horn. We could be processing things in the garage or working outside in the garden.
We prefer cash or checks, and do have the capability to take credit cards if necessary.
Yours in the Garden,