Stop by Hattie’s Garden on Tuesday, October 10 from 1 to 4 and Thursday, October 12 from 10 to 4 for the sale of produce, meat, eggs, cheese, fish and plants.
In addition to our farm hours, you can find us at the Fall Historic Lewes Farmers Market (HLFM) located at the Lewes Elementary School parking lot at 820 Savannah Road on Saturday from 9 to 12. Please note the new hours.
Last week we introduced Stag Run Farm apples, more delicious Chrissy’s Bees honey, new pork selections from Enoch Farms, and a limited amount of eggs from pastured hens fed organic feed from Beach Dog Farm in Georgetown.
We have also stocked up on Backyard Jams and Jellies with new additions and plenty of Beach Plum Jelly as well as the mustards you have been requesting!
New for this week from Hattie’s Garden are young sweet carrots! We continue to increase our microgreen offerings, adding a China Rose/Daikon mix and still have a limited supply of ginger as well as plenty of Lemongrass.
What’s Available from Hattie
The following freshly harvested produce will be available at the Garden on Tuesday, October 10 from 1 to 4 and Thursday, October 12 from 10 to 4, and at the HLFM Fall Market at the Lewes Elementary School parking lot at 820 Savannah Rd on Saturday from 9 to 12.
- Bacchus Purple Radishes — In bunches. A tad spicy, but we love them for the added flavor to salads and stir-fries.
- Chives — Fresh-cut, in bunches.
- Lemongrass — Lemony and herbaceous. Works well in sweet and savory dishes and drinks.
- Ginger — Fresh young ginger is juicy and plump. It’s mild and tender enough to eat raw and, of course, very good for you!
- Young Mixed Lettuce — Triple washed and bagged. Limited.
- Young Carrots — Young Carrots bunched.
- Peppers — Poblano, Carmen red Italian frying peppers , various sweet peppers, and a few hot Jalapenos.
- Shishito Peppers — These popular appetizer peppers are mostly a mild chili pepper, with an occasional hotter pepper. Toss in oil and sear in the skillet, then sprinkle with flaky salt.
- Arugula Microgreens — One of our most popular microgreens because of its distinctive spicy and nutty flavor.
- Mixed Microgreens — Mixture of kale, kohlrabi, asian greens, red cabbage.
- China Rose/Daikon Radish microgreens mixture — Outstanding spicy kick that’s a great addition to a salad or on top of a sandwich.
- Mixed Lettuce plugs — in small six packs
- Lavender — in 8″ pots
- Rosemary — in 8″ pots
What’s Available from our Other Vendors
We carry the following meat, eggs, cheese, fish and other food products at the Garden on Tuesday, October 10 from 1 to 4 and Thursday, October 12 from 10 to 4.
- Backyard Jams & Jellies — We have a large variety of jams, jellies, mustards, chutney, no sugar added, and plenty of the popular Beach Plum Jelly.
- Stag Run — This week we have Fuji, JonaGold and Autumn Crisp apples.
- Enoch Farms — Sustainably raised, naturally grown, heritage pork. Available this week is Sweet Italian, Spicy Italian, Kielbasa, Chorizo, Breakfast Links, Breakfast Patties, Bratwurst, Scrapple, Porkchops, Bacon and Spare ribs.
- AlaskaWild Seafoods — Flash frozen, wild-caught salmon, rockfish and cod.
- Chapel’s Country Creamery — Farmstead artisan cheese that taste as good as they look. The cows are not given any synthetic growth or production-enhancing hormones, just a lot of love and attention.
- Chrissy’s Bees — Dutch Clover and Wildflower Honey.
- Beach Dog Farm — Pasture-raised, organic fed, unclassified eggs in limited supply.
- Twin Post Farm — Free-range chicken eggs from Princess Anne County.
Directions to Hattie’s Garden
Hattie’s Garden is located at 31341 Kendale Rd in Lewes approximately 3 miles from Plantation Road (also known as Rt. 1D), coming inland on either Robinsonville Rd. or Beaver Dam Rd (Rt. 23 South).
Kendale Rd. is a short road (0.6 miles) between Robinsonville and Beaver Dam Road.
The house is fifth on the left from Beaver Dam Rd, and has a large wooden fence in front of house with purple trim.
Park in the graveled area facing the fence.
Yours in the Garden and the Market,