Hattie’s Garden will be open this week on Wednesday (October 7 ) and Thursday (October 8) from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., and Saturday (October 10), from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. for the sale of Hattie’s produce, and produce/artisan food items from our vendors.
Please review our safety protocols below before coming to the Garden.
For those of you who prefer to place an order for pickup or delivery on Saturday, October 10, remember that deadline is Tuesday at 8 p.m. Please refer to Sunday’s Delivery/Pickup email for more details.
What’s Available to pickup from Hattie this Week
During Hattie’s Garden open hours this week you may pick up the following:
- Young Arugula — Just beautiful at this time of year.
- Young Loose Leaf Lettuce — Triple Washed and bagged.
- Mesclun — Mixture of young loose leaf lettuce and young arugula.
- Jade Green Beans — Freshly harvested.
- Young Spinach — At the Garden only.
- Basil — Last week for Basil. Still on SALE. Make your pesto our freeze basil and olive oil for use later this winter..
- Lemongrass — Use in stir-fries, soups, drinks, etc. Delicious lemony herb is a feature of Asian cooking everywhere.
- Fresh young Ginger — Juicy, mild with translucent skin that needs no peeling and is easy to cook with. Much less fibrous and fiery, it is a real delicacy.
- Sweet and Hot Peppers — A nice variety.
- Rosemary — Fresh cut.
- Stag Run — A nice selection of apples: Ruby McIntosh, Pioneer Mac, Gala, Fuji, Gibson Gold and JonaGold & Chrissy Bee’s honey.
- Kennebec Potatoes — from Dittmar Family Farms.
- Chapel’s Country Creamery — Chapel Cheddar, Chesapeake Brie, Amber 16, Woodbine, Bay Blue, Queso Fresco and Paneer cheese.
- AlaskaWild Seafoods — Smoked Salmon, Coho Salmon, Sockeye Salmon, and Alaskan Cod.
- Dittmar Family Farms — Whole Chickens, Half chickens and Chicken Liver.
- Twin Post Farm — Free-range chicken eggs.
What’s available through the Online Order Form Only
If you want products from the vendors listed below, please place an order through our online ordering system for pickup or delivery on Saturday, October 10.
- Totem Farms — Microgreens, herbs and fresh produce.
- Fresh Harvest — Hydroponically-grown produce.
- Nancy’s Cafe — Freshly prepared food.
- King Mushrooms — Fresh mushrooms from their farm in Barclay, MD on Maryland’s Eastern Shore.
Please place your order as soon as possible. We may reach capacity prior to the deadline, or run out of certain items.
Please wear a mask if you wish to get out of the car. If you see other customers, please wait for them to finish before getting out, or keep a good distance from them. Alternatively, we are happy to come help you if you stay in your car. And of course, no exceptions to wearing a mask. We can provide you a disposable mask if you don’t have one with you. Do not enter the garage. We will serve you outside of our garage where we will have our table and signs setup.
Directions to Hattie’s Garden
Hattie’s Garden is located at 31341 Kendale Rd in Lewes approximately 3 miles from Plantation Road (also known as Rt. 1D), coming inland on either Robinsonville Rd. or Beaver Dam Rd (Rt. 23 South).
Kendale Rd. is a short road (0.6 miles) between Robinsonville and Beaver Dam Road. The house is fifth on the left from Beaver Dam Rd, and has a large wooden fence in front of house with purple trim. Look for the OPEN flag at the end of our driveway.
Park in the graveled area facing the fence. If you don’t see us, you may toot your horn. We could be processing things in the garage or working outside in the garden.
We prefer cash or checks, and do have the capability to take credit cards if necessary.
Yours in the Garden,