Hattie’s Garden is open on Wednesday, June 29 and Thursday, June 30 from 10 to 4 for the sale of specialty cut-flowers, produce, meat, eggs, cheese, and fish. We will also be at the Historic Lewes Farmers Market (HLFM) located at the George H.P. Smith Park on Saturday from 8 to 12.
What’s Available from Hattie
The following freshly harvested produce and flowers is available at Hattie’s Garden on Wednesday, June 29 and Thursday, June 30 from 10 to 4. You may setup an appointment outside of our regular open hours by texting Hattie at 302-841-1896, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate one or two times that work for you and she will get right back to you with her availability.
- Provider Green Beans — Widely used in many kinds of recipes, the ‘Provider’ variety is well flavored and delicious. We always pick them when they are young, and they store well for long periods of time.
- Mixed Waxed and Green Pole Beans — Tender, succulent and delicious.
- Swiss Chard — Delightfully tender. By the bunch.
- Young Arugula — Triple-washed and bagged.
- Young Mixed Lettuce — Triple-washed and bagged.
- Mesclun — Triple-washed and bagged.
- Fresh Herbs — Italian Parsley.
- Fresh-cut Flower Bouquets — This week we have Snapdragons, Amazon Neon Purple Dianthus, Double-click Cosmos, Benary Giant Zinnias and Tall Blue Planet Ageratum. Each bouquet comes with flower food, and is guaranteed to last at least a week.
What’s Available from our Other Vendors
The following meat, eggs, cheese, fish and other food products are available at Hattie’s Garden on Wednesday, June 29 and Thursday, June 30 from 10 to 4.
- AlaskaWild Seafoods — Flash frozen, wild-caught salmon, rockfish and cod.
- Chapel’s Country Creamery — Lots of delicious cheese made from milk from their pastured cows.
- Woodbine Farm (an affiliate of Chapel’s Country Creamery) — Pasture-raised pork and beef.
- Twin Post Farm — Free-range chicken eggs from Princess Anne County.
- Chrissy’s Bees — Butterbean and Wildflower Honey.
What’s Happening at Hattie’s Garden
We are going to have an abundance of mouth-watering tomatoes very soon. Our grafted tomato varieties growing nicely in the hoop-house include Pineapple Bicolor (large, delicious, yellow-orange tomato — my absolute favorite), Copia (a hybrid take on the Pineapple Bicolor with somewhat smaller tomatoes that we can’t wait to try), Cherokee Purple (who doesn’t love a delicious Cherokee Purple), Brandywine (the original pink Brandywine), and the great tasting red hybrid, Big Beef for those of you who just want a really good red tomato — especially those of you looking for that “Jersey” tomato!
The cherry tomatoes are also coming along nicely. We expect to be offering our diminutive Jasper Cherry, our delicious SunPeach Cherry and the famous Black Cherry very soon.
Our specialty cut flowers are simply gorgeous. Each of our flower cuttings, which will last you at least a full week, are pretty enough to stand alone in a vase. Choose a freshly prepared bouquet, or have a custom bouquet made for you on the spot, which comes complete with a packet of flower food.
Directions to Hattie’s Garden
Hattie’s Garden is located at 31341 Kendale Rd in Lewes approximately 3 miles from Plantation Road (also known as Rt. 1D), coming inland on either Robinsonville Rd. or Beaver Dam Rd (Rt. 23 South).
Kendale Rd. is a short road (0.6 miles) between Robinsonville and Beaver Dam Road. The house is fifth on the left from Beaver Dam Rd, and has a large wooden fence in front of house with purple trim.
Park in the graveled area facing the fence. The plants will be setup at the end of the driveway and we should be close by. Produce and food is located inside the garage and you may enter through the side door. Just follow the signs.
Yours in the Garden and at the Market,