Hattie’s Garden is open on Wednesday, July 20 and Thursday, July 21 from 10 to 4 for the sale of specialty cut-flowers, produce, meat, eggs, cheese, and fish. We will also be at the Historic Lewes Farmers Market (HLFM) located at the George H.P. Smith Park on Saturday from 8 to 12.
What’s Available from Hattie
The following freshly harvested produce and flowers is available at Hattie’s Garden on July 20 and July 21 from 10 to 4. Come by this week for beautiful Lisianthus, by the stem or in a bouquet. Tomatoes are finally becoming plentiful! We have hybrid, heirloom and lots of cherry tomatoes.
- Heirloom Tomatoes — Many varieties.
- Hybrid Big Beef tomatoes — These beefsteak tomatoes have a classic tomato flavor that you can only get from these juicy fruits. Great for sandwiches.
- Cherry tomatoes — Pints of Black Cherry, SunPeach and Jasper.
- Mixed Microgreens — They’re back!
- Seychelles Pole Beans — Succulent green, stringless pole beans with an incredible flavor.
- Monte Gusto Pole Beans — Pole yellow wax bean has a superior flavor to bush wax beans.
- Mixed Pole Beans — A mixture of Monte Gusto and Seychelles pole beans. Always picked young and these pole beans are both stringless.
- Blackberries — Limited quantity this week.
- Swiss Chard — Delightfully tender. By the bunch.
- Young Arugula — Triple-washed and bagged.
- Young Mixed Lettuce — Triple-washed and bagged.
- Potatoes — A nice assortment of heirloom and fingerling potatoes.
- Fresh Herbs — Fresh cut basil and parsley.
- Fresh-cut Flower Bouquets — This week we have purple and pink lisianthus, Benary giant zinnias, cosmos, celosia, and gomphrena. Each bouquet comes with flower food, and is guaranteed to last at least a week.
What’s Available from our Other Vendors
The following meat, eggs, cheese, fish and other food products are available at Hattie’s Garden on Wednesday, July 20 and Thursday, July 21 from 10 to 4.
- Freeman’s Corn — Mark and Tony Freeman have the best fresh corn in the area.
- AlaskaWild Seafoods — Flash frozen, wild-caught salmon, rockfish and cod.
- Chapel’s Country Creamery — Lots of delicious cheese made from the milk of their pastured cows.
- Woodbine Farm (an affiliate of Chapel’s Country Creamery) — Pasture-raised pork and beef.
- Twin Post Farm — Free-range chicken eggs from Princess Anne County.
- Chrissy’s Bees — Butterbean and Wildflower Honey.
Directions to Hattie’s Garden
Hattie’s Garden is located at 31341 Kendale Rd in Lewes approximately 3 miles from Plantation Road (also known as Rt. 1D), coming inland on either Robinsonville Rd. or Beaver Dam Rd (Rt. 23 South).
Kendale Rd. is a short road (0.6 miles) between Robinsonville and Beaver Dam Road. The house is fifth on the left from Beaver Dam Rd, and has a large wooden fence in front of house with purple trim.
Park in the graveled area facing the fence. Produce and food is located inside the garage and you may enter through the side door. Just follow the signs.
Yours in the Garden and at the Market,