Hattie’s Garden is open on Wednesday, August 31 and Thursday, September 1 from 10 to 4 for the sale of specialty cut-flowers, produce, meat, eggs, cheese, and fish. We will also be at the Historic Lewes Farmers Market (HLFM) located at the George H.P. Smith Park on Saturday from 8 to 12.
We will harvest our delicious young ginger for you this week. We promise. We have let it grow the last couple weeks after we saw it needed a bit more time. We think we can harvest a good bit of it and still have plenty for the fall harvest. We may limit purchases to make sure everyone gets some.
We have a good supply of basil in bulk to offer you. We are selling 1/2 lb. basil leaves for $10 from a new planting of beautiful sweet basil. This equates to about 10-11 cups of basil. Please let Hattie know you would like some so we can have it ready for you.
What’s Available from Hattie
The following freshly harvested produce and flowers is available at Hattie’s Garden on Wednesday, August 31 and Thursday, September 1 from 10 to 4.
- Cherry Tomatoes — Pints of Black Cherry, SunPeach and Jasper.
- Jalapeño Peppers — America’s Favorite chile pepper is by far the jalapeño. It’s a bright green little guy that can be lovingly incorporated into just about anything, from soups to sauces.
- Shishito Peppers — These popular appetizer peppers are mostly a mild chili pepper, but every now and then a particular pod will pack some heat. Makes the perfect finger food when blistered.
- Sweet Peppers — A variety of sweet peppers.
- Pole Beans — Waxed and green. Delicious, plump, stringless varieties.
- Fresh Young Ginger — We will have a limited amount on Wednesday and Thursday at the Garden.
- Microgreens — Mixed and Arugula Microgreens.
- Young Arugula — Triple-washed and bagged.
- Fresh Basil — Send an email ahead for large quantities so we can cut early and fresh for you.
- Fresh-cut Flower Bouquets — This week we have Benary Giant Zinnias, Gomphrena and Lisianthus. Each bouquet comes with flower food, and is guaranteed to last at least a week.
What’s Available from our Other Vendors
The following meat, eggs, cheese, fish and other food products are available at Hattie’s Garden on Wednesday, August 31 and Thursday, September 1 from 10 to 4.
- AlaskaWild Seafoods — Flash frozen, wild-caught salmon, rockfish and cod.
- Freeman’s Corn — Mark and Tony Freeman have the best fresh corn in the area.
- Chapel’s Country Creamery — Lots of delicious cheese made from the milk of their pastured cows.
- Woodbine Farm (an affiliate of Chapel’s Country Creamery) — Pasture-raised pork and beef.
- Twin Post Farm — Free-range chicken eggs from Princess Anne County.
- Chrissy’s Bees — Butterbean and Wildflower Honey.
Directions to Hattie’s Garden
Hattie’s Garden is located at 31341 Kendale Rd in Lewes approximately 3 miles from Plantation Road (also known as Rt. 1D), coming inland on either Robinsonville Rd. or Beaver Dam Rd (Rt. 23 South).
Kendale Rd. is a short road (0.6 miles) between Robinsonville and Beaver Dam Road. The house is fifth on the left from Beaver Dam Rd, and has a large wooden fence in front of house with purple trim.
Park in the graveled area facing the fence. Produce and food is located inside the garage and you may enter through the side door. Just follow the signs.
Yours in the Garden and at the Market,