Hattie’s Garden is open on Wednesday, August 3 and Thursday, August 4 from 10 to 4 for the sale of specialty cut-flowers, produce, meat, eggs, cheese, and fish. We will also be at the Historic Lewes Farmers Market (HLFM) located at the George H.P. Smith Park on Saturday from 8 to 12.
These dog days of summer! We hope you are able to stay out of the worst of the heat. And we cannot emphasize enough that when outside wear light-colored, loose-fitting clothing and stay plenty hydrated with water. And speaking of dogs — don’t forget your pets too. Be sure they have plenty of cool, fresh water and keep it in the shade.
What’s Available from Hattie
The following freshly harvested produce and flowers is available at Hattie’s Garden on July 27 and July 28 from 10 to 4.
- Fresh-cut Flower Bouquets — We couldn’t be more pleased with our beautiful lisianthus. We have both purple and pink ones, as well as Benary giant zinnias, cosmos, celosia, and gomphrena. Each bouquet comes with flower food, and is guaranteed to last at least a week.
- Hybrid Big Beef tomatoes — These beefsteak tomatoes have a classic tomato flavor that you can only get from these juicy fruits. Great for sandwiches.
- Heirloom Tomatoes — Many would say that if you’ve never had an heirloom tomato then you’ve never tasted a real tomato. How true this is. This week we have available many wonderful varieties.
- Cherry Tomatoes — Pints of Black Cherry, SunPeach and Jasper.
- Jalapeño Peppers — America’s Favorite chile pepper is by far the jalapeño. It’s a bright green little guy that can be lovingly incorporated into just about anything, from soups to sauces.
- Shishito Peppers — These popular appetizer peppers are mostly a mild chili pepper, but every now and then a particular pod will pack some heat. Makes the perfect finger food when blistered.
- Sweet Peppers — A variety of sweet peppers.
- Young Arugula — Triple-washed and bagged.
- Young Mixed Lettuce — Triple-washed and bagged.
- Haricot Vert — Delicious French green beans.
- Fresh Herbs — Fresh cut basil.
What’s Available from our Other Vendors
The following meat, eggs, cheese, fish and other food products are available at Hattie’s Garden on Wednesday, July 27 and Thursday, July 28 from 10 to 4.
- Freeman’s Corn — Mark and Tony Freeman have the best fresh corn in the area.
- AlaskaWild Seafoods — Flash frozen, wild-caught salmon, rockfish and cod.
- Chapel’s Country Creamery — Lots of delicious cheese made from the milk of their pastured cows.
- Woodbine Farm (an affiliate of Chapel’s Country Creamery) — Pasture-raised pork and beef.
- Twin Post Farm — Free-range chicken eggs from Princess Anne County.
- Chrissy’s Bees — Butterbean and Wildflower Honey.
Directions to Hattie’s Garden
Hattie’s Garden is located at 31341 Kendale Rd in Lewes approximately 3 miles from Plantation Road (also known as Rt. 1D), coming inland on either Robinsonville Rd. or Beaver Dam Rd (Rt. 23 South).
Kendale Rd. is a short road (0.6 miles) between Robinsonville and Beaver Dam Road. The house is fifth on the left from Beaver Dam Rd, and has a large wooden fence in front of house with purple trim.
Park in the graveled area facing the fence. Produce and food is located inside the garage and you may enter through the side door. Just follow the signs.
Yours in the Garden and at the Market,