Hattie’s Garden will be open this week on Wednesday (August 12) and Thursday (August 13) from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m, and Saturday (August 15), 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. for the sale of Hattie’s produce and flowers, and a few artisan food items from our vendors.
No appointment is necessary, but please review our safety protocols below.
For those of you who prefer to place an order for pickup or delivery on Saturday, August 15, remember that deadline is Tuesday at 8 p.m. Please refer to Sunday’s Delivery/Pickup email for more details. And of course, stop by the Garden during our open hours for items listed here that are not available through the order form, or for mid-week groceries.
What’s Available from Hattie this Week
- Jade Green Beans — Tender texture, sweet flavor and simply delicious.
- Heirloom Tomatoes — Ripening faster than we can pull them off the vines. We have Cherokee Purple, Brandywine and Pineapple Bicolor for you. Get them while they last.
- Cherry Tomatoes — mixed pints of delicious SunPeach, SuperSweet 100 and Tommy Toe. SunPeach is sweet and delicious and less acidic than some cherries. SuperSweet is another mouth watering delightful cherry tomato. Included in each pint you’ll find a delicious Tommy Toe or two. These larger cherries are a special heirloom from the Ozarks and famous for their rich complex flavor.
- Heirloom, hardneck Purple Striped garlic — Deep and rich flavor with sweet undertones.
- Peppers — Both hot and sweet varieties are available.
- Basil — Fresh cut.
- Rosemary — Fresh cut.
- Flower Bouquets — Three to four different flower types including Zinnias, Celosia and Tall Blue Ageratum. Each of our bouquets will last you a full week and comes with a packet of flower food.
What’s Available from our Other Vendors
- Chapel’s Country Creamery — Chapel Cheddar, Chesapeake Brie, Amber 16, Woodbine, Bay Blue, Queso Fresco and Paneer cheese.
- Dittmar Family Farms — Whole Chickens and Chicken Liver are now available at the Garden!
- AlaskaWild Seafoods — Coho Salmon, Sockeye Salmon, Alaskan Rockfish and Alaskan Cod.
- Twin Post Farm — Free-range chicken eggs.
- Stag Run — Chrissy Bee’s honey.
If you want products from the vendors listed below, please place an order through our online ordering system for pickup or delivery on Saturday, August 15.
- Totem Farms — Microgreens and fresh produce.
- Fresh Harvest — Hydroponically-grown produce.
- Dittmar Family Farms — Produce when available
- Nancy’s Cafe — Freshly prepared food.
- King Mushrooms — Fresh mushrooms from their farm in Barclay, MD on Maryland’s Eastern Shore.
Please place your order as soon as possible. We may reach capacity prior to the deadline, or run out of certain items.
You may stay in your car and we will come to you. If you get out of your car, you must be wearing a mask and we ask that you maintain your distance from us and others. If you see other customers out of their cars, please remain in your car until the crowd thins out, or allow us to take care of you in turn by coming to your window. (We will wear masks and we would like you to wear one as well.)
Directions to Hattie’s Garden
Hattie’s Garden is located at 31341 Kendale Rd in Lewes approximately 3 miles from Plantation Road (also known as Rt. 1D), coming inland on either Robinsonville Rd. or Beaver Dam Rd (Rt. 23 South).
Kendale Rd. is a short road (0.6 miles) between Robinsonville and Beaver Dam Road. The house is fifth on the left from Beaver Dam Rd, and has a large wooden fence in front of house with purple trim.
Park in the graveled area facing the fence. If you don’t see us, you may toot your horn. We could be processing things in the garage or working outside in the garden.
We prefer cash or checks, and do have the capability to take credit cards if necessary.
Yours in the Garden,