Hattie’s Garden, located at 31341 Kendale Rd in Lewes, will be open for the sale of produce, herbs, and flowers on Thursday July 22 from 10 to 2, and Saturday, July 24 from 9 to 12. We will also be carrying additional food items (fish, chicken, cheese, honey, and eggs) from our vendors on the same dates.
You can also find us at the Historic Lewes Farmers Market (HLFM) on Wednesday, July 21 from 8 to 11. The HLFM is located by the Crooked Hammock Brewery on King’s Highway near Dartmouth Drive and Rt. 1.
If these times/dates do not work for you, please email Hattie to make other arrangements.
Our Delivery/Pickup service continues, and you may still place your order for the Saturday, July 24 service until Tuesday at 8 PM. Thank you to all who have already placed their orders. See below for more information.
What’s Available from Hattie this Week
The following freshly harvested produce, flowers and herbs are available this week at the Garden during our open hours on Thursday and Saturday, at the Wednesday HLFM, or through our Saturday Pickup/Delivery Service. The deadline for placing your order is Tuesday at 8 PM.
- Fresh Hardneck Garlic — We are offering fresh Russian Red and Phillips.
- Heirloom Potatoes — Freshly harvested new potatoes.
- Arugula — It’s young, delicious and freshly washed/bagged.
- Swiss Chard — Delicious.
- Beans — Mixes of green beans, wax beans and purple beans.
- Mojito Mint — The aromatic leaves may be used fresh or dried in all kinds of dishes and drinks.
- Basil — Wonderful culinary and medicinal benefits. At the Garden or order for Saturday pickup/delivery.
- Parsley — This Italian, flat-leaf parsley has wonderful robust flavor. At the Garden or order for Saturday pickup/delivery.
- Rosemary — A culinary herb best known for its use in poultry dishes, soups, spreads, and teas. At the Garden or order for Saturday pickup/delivery.
- French Tarragon — Tarragon is one of the four fines herbs of French cooking and is especially good for chicken, fish and egg dishes. At the Garden or order for Saturday pickup/delivery.
- Lisianthus Stems — Buy a bunch, or pick out your own stems.
- Flower Bouquets — Includes dianthus, gomphrena, zinnias, cosmos, celosia this week. Comes with packet of flower food. Guaranteed to last a week.
- Freeman’s Corn — Mark and Tony Freeman have the best fresh corn in the area.
What’s Available from our Other Vendors
The following produce and food items from our vendors are available to purchase during our open hours at the Garden on Thursday and Saturday, or through the Saturday Pickup/Delivery Service (deadline for placing your order is Tuesday at 8 PM).
- Dittmar Chicken — Chicken liver and whole chickens.
- Chapel’s Country Creamery — Ground beef from their pastured beef cattle, and an assortment of fresh cheese from grass fed cows.
- AlaskaWild Seafoods — Salmon, Alaska Cod and Rockfish from Alaska sustainably managed waters.
- Twin Post Farm — Free-range chicken eggs.
- Stag Run — Chrissy Bee’s honey.
Pickup/Delivery Service Active Until Tuesday, 8 PM
While you can purchase some produce and food items from our vendors during our open hours at the Garden, many items can only be purchased through our online service. Please refer to the July 24 Pickup/Delivery Service for what is available and other information on placing an order for this Saturday’s service.
Through this service you can order for pickup or delivery on Saturday, the produce, flowers and herbs we grow, as well as a variety of other produce, vegetables, and authentic food from local farmers and vendors. Please note the products from the following vendors can only be purchased through our online system.
- King Mushrooms— Fresh mushrooms from their farm in Barclay, MD on Maryland’s Eastern Shore.
- Totem Farms — Microgreens and fresh produce.
- Dittmar Farms Produce — Freshly harvested produce.
- 302 Aquaponics — Freshly harvested produce and farm-raised Tilapia.
The deadline for placing your order is Tuesday at 8 PM.
Directions to Hattie’s Garden
Hattie’s Garden is located at 31341 Kendale Rd in Lewes approximately 3 miles from Plantation Road (also known as Rt. 1D), coming inland on either Robinsonville Rd. or Beaver Dam Rd (Rt. 23 South).
Kendale Rd. is a short road (0.6 miles) between Robinsonville and Beaver Dam Road. The house is fifth on the left from Beaver Dam Rd, and has a large wooden fence in front of house with purple trim.
Park in the graveled area facing the fence. If you don’t see us, you may toot your horn. We could be processing things in the garage or working outside in the garden.
Reminder that you do not need an appointment. Simply show up during our open hours of operation. We prefer cash or checks, and do have the capability to take credit cards if necessary.
Yours in the garden and at the market,