Plants for Sale on Wednesday, April 22 and Thursday, April 23
Please understand this is the beginning of our plant sales that will continue throughout May. The weather has been colder than normal but we do have some things ready. Many more plants will be ready as the weather settles.
How it Works
Each customer submits a list of desired plants by email. You will receive an response email assigning you a pickup time in a 10 minute slot on either Wednesday April 22 or Thursday April 23.
Please arrive at Hattie’s Garden at the appointed time. When you get here, PLEASE remain in your car. Someone will assist you. We will have already pulled your order and we will place your plants in your car.
- If you are a CSA customer and have plant credit with us, PLEASE let us know that when you order.
- If you are a regular customer and you would just like to buy plants, we will pull your plants, and then email you an invoice based on your order. We are asking that you pay online using a credit card. If that does not work for you, we will accept a check through the mail. Please do not hand us a check at pickup time.
Remember, pickups for plants are by appointment only and orders for plants are by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Plants Available for this week
Please remember, don’t buy more than you plan to plant right away. We will have more of everything and peppers and eggplants and all the herbs, etc. will be coming. (For plant descriptions please refer to the website.)
Flowers — See our flower page on the website
- Oklahoma Zinnias — large 4-packs are $6 each
- Pumila Mix Zinnias — large 4-packs are $6 each
- Benary Giant Mix Zinnias — large 4-packs are $7 each
- Brocade Marigolds — small 4-packs are $4 each
- Lemondrop Marigolds — small 4-packs are $4 each
- Jewel Nasturtium Pots — 8″ pot, $10 each
Vegetables — See our vegetable page on the website
- Mixed Lettuce — small 6-packs are $4 each
- Arugula — small 6-packs are $4 each
- Spinach — small 6-packs are $4 each
- Fordhook Green Swiss Chard — small 4-packs are $4 each
- Bali Red Swiss Chard — small 4-packs are $4 each
- Sunburst Pattypan Squash — 2 cells w/ 2-3 plants each, $3
- Bennings Green Tint Pattypan Squash — 2 cells w/ 2-3 plants each, $3
- Black Zucchini — 2 cells w/ 2-3 plants each, $3
- Marketmore Cucumber — 2 cells w/ 2-3 plants each, $3
- Middle-eastern Zagross Cucumber — 2 cells w/ 2-3 plants each, $3
- Little-leaf pickling Cucumber — 2 cells w/2-3 plants each, $3
Paste Tomatoes — See our Paste Tomato section on the website
- Opalka Paste — meaty red paste tomato with few seeds.
- San Marzano Paste — famous Italian plum tomato.
- Amish Paste — great flavor for cooking, canning or fresh eating.
Heirloom Tomatoes — See our Heirloom Tomato section on the website
- Jubilee Orange Tomato — Perfect for salads, salsas, cooking, canning and making tomato juice.
- Pineapple Bicolor — The gorgeous, delectable Pineapple heirloom tomato is one of our absolute favorites to grow and eat.
- Cherokee Purple — With a rich, complex sweet flavor you find in only your sophisticated heirlooms.
- German Johnson — Sweet and delicious Brandywine type, but with much better yields.
- Czech’s Bush (dwarf) — excellent for container growing.
Hybrid Tomatoes — See our Hybrid Tomato section on the website
- New Girl — Produces medium sized 4 to 6 ounce fruits nice and early in the season.
- Pink Berkeley Tie-Dye — Deep, sweet, earthy complex flavor with a port wine color and green stripes.
- Big Beef — Old-time tomato flavor and large beefsteak size of 10 to 12 ounces in a hybrid.
- Celebrity — A great, all-round, dependable choice for your “basic” tomato needs — sandwiches, slicing, snacks, etc.
Cherry Tomatoes — See our Cherry Tomato section on the website
- Sun Gold — A perfect combination of deep sweetness with a hint of acid tartness.
- Jasper — We sell little half-pints of these at market and they are extremely popular with our customers and a real favorite of children.
- Yellow Pear — Popular, sweet, tasty and crack-resistant little pear-shaped goodies.
- Tommy Toe — This heirloom from the Ozark Mountains is excellent in salads or for juices.
- Black Cherry — Two-bite cherries with the dusky color and complex flavor typical of the best black tomatoes—juicy and delicious.
- Honey Bunch Grape — The Honeybunch gets its name due to the incredible, luscious over-the-top, honey-like sweetness that could be habit-forming.
- White Cherry — They have a very pleasant sweet/tart flavor.
- Super Sweet 100 — Classic sweet, red cherry tomato.
Thanks for planting Hattie’s Garden plants. If your appointed pickup time doesn’t work for you, please let us know and we will make an arrangement at a more convenient time.
Yours in the greenhouse,