Plants for Sale on Tuesday through Thursday
Welcome to May! We are finally seeing warmer weather. We are happy to add many herb plants this week along with our tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, flowers, and other vegetable plants. Remember that some things become available on a rotating basis. If you don’t see something you want, you may inquire as to its planned availability.
If you would like more information on any of the plants, they are listed on our website with full descriptions. We are still waiting another week on our basil, but it looks lovely.
How the Plant Sale will work this week
We are refining the system AGAIN! This time we are retaining the time-slot method in a slightly modified version. Instead of you sending us a list of plants that you want, simply request by email a time-slot. We will assign you a 15-minute time-slot on either Tuesday afternoon from 2-5, or Wednesday or Thursday from 11 to 1 and 2-5. If you have time constraints, let us know. We will respond with a confirmation for your pickup time.
Before you arrive, prepare a list of plants you would like. When you arrive, allow us to come to your car window for your list. We will pull the plants for you at that time, answer any questions you may have, and give you an amount due. You may write us a check then, or mail a check later, or request to be invoiced.
Plants Available This Week
Flowers — See our flower page on the website
- Benary Giant Mix Zinnias — large 4-packs are $7 each. Colors are Coral, White, Wine, Lime, Purple, Yellow, ink, Red, Salmon, Orange.
- Oklahoma Zinnias — large 4-packs are $6 each
- Pumila Mix Zinnias — large 4-packs are $6 each
- Double Click Cosmos Mix — large 4-packs are $6 each
- Double Click Cranberry Cosmos — large 4-packs, $6 each
- Brocade Marigolds — small 4-packs are $4 each
- Lemondrop Marigolds — small 4-packs are $4 each
Sweet Bell Peppers — See our Sweet Bell Peppers section on the website
- Revolution — excellent blocky, large green bell
- Flavorburst — excellent sweet, fruity yellow bell
- Purple Beauty — productive, attractive deep purple bell
- Gilboa Orange — blocky, bright orange bell
Sweet Peppers — See our Sweet Peppers section on the website
- Lipstick — small, thick skinned, extra sweet and juicy
- Carmen — wonderful Italian sweet frying pepper
- Cubanelle — thin-walled, quick cooking, sweet flavor
- Hungarian Boldog — sweet and wonderful, dry for paprika or eat fresh
Hot Peppers — See our Hot Peppers section on the website
- Czech’s Hot Black — mild heat, small and beautiful
- Jalafuego Jalapeno — excellent variety
- Pablano — known as Ancho when dried
- Serrano — hotter than jalapeno
- Cayenne — hotter than serrano
Eggplant Plants — all are in 4″ pots and are $5 each. See our Eggplant page on the website
- Galine — prolific Italian eggplant
- Rosa Bianca — Sicilian heirloom, rich and mild
- Ping Tung Long — popular open-pollinated Asian eggplant
- Orient Express — productive Asian eggplant
Vegetables — See our vegetable page on the website
- Lettuce Mix, multiple plants for cutting — small 6 packs are $4 each
- Arugula, multiple plants for cutting — small 6-packs are $4 each
- Buttercrunch Butterhead — small 6 packs are $4 each
- Blushed Butter Oakleaf — small 6 packs are $4 each
- Olga Romaine — small 6 packs are $4 each
- Forellenschluss romaine — small 6 packs are $4 each
- Super Zagross Middle Eastern Cucumber — 2 cells w/ 2-3 plants each, $3
- Arkansas Little-leaf Pickling Cucumber — 2 cells w/ 2-3 plants each, $3
- Marketmore Slicing Cucumber — 2 cells w/ 2-3 plants each, $3
- Sunburst Pattypan Squash — 2 cells w/ 2-3 plants each, $3
- Bennings Green Tint Pattypan Squash — 2 cells w/ 2-3 plants each, $3
Tomato Plants — all are in 4″ pots and are discounted to $4 each this week only. The tomatoes available this week are very healthy, but tall. You will want to bury about half of the stem when you plant them. They will form roots off the stem and this is typically how we and many other farmers plant ALL of their tomatoes. It is a bit more work and because they are tall and unwieldy, we are offering a discount of 20% on all of this week’s tomato plants. An entire new planting of tomato plants will be ready soon.
Hybrid Tomatoes — See our Hybrid Tomato section on the website
- Juliet — Small paste or large grape tomato.
- New Girl — Produces medium sized 4 to 6 ounce fruits nice and early in the season.
- Pink Berkeley Tie-Dye — Deep, sweet, earthy complex flavor with a port wine color and green stripes.
Cherry Tomatoes — See our Cherry Tomato section on the website
- Sun Gold — A perfect combination of deep sweetness with a hint of acid tartness.
- Yellow Pear — Popular, sweet, tasty and crack-resistant little pear-shaped goodies.
- Tommy Toe — This heirloom from the Ozark Mountains is excellent in salads or for juices.
- Black Cherry — Two-bite cherries with the dusky color and complex flavor typical of the best black tomatoes—juicy and delicious.
- Honey Bunch Grape — The Honeybunch gets its name due to the incredible, luscious over-the-top, honey-like sweetness that could be habit-forming.
- White Cherry — They have a very pleasant sweet/tart flavor.
- Super Sweet 100 — Classic sweet, red cherry tomato.
Heirloom Tomatoes — See our Heirloom Tomato section on the website
- Jubilee Orange Tomato — Perfect for salads, salsas, cooking, canning and making tomato juice.
- Pineapple Bicolor — The gorgeous, delectable Pineapple heirloom tomato is one of our absolute favorites to grow and eat.
- Cherokee Purple — With a rich, complex sweet flavor you find in only your sophisticated heirlooms.
- German Johnson — Sweet and delicious Brandywine type, but with much better yields.
Paste Tomatoes — See our Paste Tomato section on the website
- Opalka Paste — meaty red paste tomato with few seeds.
- San Marzano Paste — famous Italian plum tomato.
- Amish Paste — great flavor for cooking, canning or fresh eating.
Herb Plants — See our herb page on the website.
- Herb Planters — Beautiful 10′ Ovals contain Chives, Curly Parsley, Tri-color Sage and Sweet Marjoram for $15 each
- Dill — small 6-packs are $4 each
- Cilantro — small 6-packs are $4 each
- Large Italian Flat Parsley — the nicest flat parsley you can grow in 4″ pots for $5 each
- ‘Krausa’ Curly Parsley — a stellar variety of curly parsley in 4″ pots for $5 each
- Chives — hardy culinary chives, will enjoy a bit of shade in our climate in 4″ pots for $5 each
- Tarragon — the real thing, French Tarragon in 4″ pots for $5 each
- Tri-colored Sage — beautiful ornamental culinary sage, best of both worlds in 4″ pots for $5 each
- Berggarten Sage — premium common garden sage with large leaves in 4″ pots for $5 each
- Sweet Marjoram — use as you would oregano for a bit milder, sweeter, delightful flavor in 4″ pots for $5 each
Yours in the greenhouse,