Plants and Produce for Sale, Saturday April 22 from 10 to 4.
Hattie’s Garden will hold its first major plant sale of the season this weekend. In addition to all the great plants that are now ready, we will harvest several items from our garden.
This week we are harvesting French Breakfast radishes, loose leaf lettuce and lovely heirloom head lettuces.
Although we do not have enough arugula to sell in individual bags, we will mix up a mesclun with our lettuce that includes arugula and pea tendrils. If you would like bags of pea tendrils alone, we will have those this weekend as well.
For herbs, we are harvesting beautiful dill and cilantro this week.
Plants for Sale
Vegetable Plants — Hattie’s Garden has a variety of quality vegetable plants for the home gardener.
- Tomatoes — Beautiful selection of Heirloom, Hybrid and Cherry tomato varieties.
- Lettuce — Several varieties including Jericho Romaine and Butterhead.
- Squash — Wonderful summer squash includes Patty Pan, Yellow Squash and Zucchini.
- Cucumber Plants — both Little-leaf Pickling and Marketmore Slicing.
- Six-packs — Arugula and Spinach.
Herb Plants — Herbs as a group are relatively easy to grow and can be very rewarding. They are well suited for planting in the ground, or maintaining in containers close to the kitchen, on the patio, on the back-porch steps, or even on the kitchen windowsill. Remember though, sun is essential for their growth and maintenance. Most of our culinary herbs come from the Mediterranean and other sun-drenched regions, so they will need a place where the sun shines at least eight hours a day.
- Parsley — Curly ‘Krausa’, the nicest curly parsley I have grown, plants easily grow a foot tall, giving you large bunches for repeated cuttings.
- Bouquet Dill — Delightful herb with many culinary uses.
- Calypso Cilantro — Excellent eating quality and lots of leaves on this variety.
- Chives — Hardy perennial with lilac-colored flowers that bloom in June and July.
- Greek Oregano — If you want to “true” oregano, Greek Oregano is the one to plant.
- Berggarten Sage — The flavor of this common sage is excellent.
- Thyme — English and Lemon varieties.
- 12″ Oval Herb Planters — with Oregano, Thyme, Sage, Chives and Parsley.
Flower Plants — Our first batch of Benary Giant Zinnias are ready!
This is our first planting of many things and if you are not quite ready, don’t worry. We do several plantings of most items and more things will come online as the season progresses.
If you have specific questions about a specific variety, please communicate directly with Hattie.
This is our first planting of many things and if you are not quite ready, don’t worry. We do several plantings of most items and more things will come online as the season progresses. If you have specific questions about a specific variety, please communicate directly with Hattie.
No need to reserve produce or plants, simply come by the garden anytime between 10 and 4 on Saturday, April 22 to get your fresh produce and plants to start your garden.
Yours in the Garden,