Hattie’s Garden Off-Season Delivery/Pickup Service is open for the 2019-2020 season, and you can place your order online now. It is our hope this service helps fill in those cold winter months with lots of produce and artisan foods from the many local vendors you are used to seeing at Historic Lewes Farmers Market and Rehoboth Beach Farmers Market.
Aside from being extremely fresh, this food is simply not available in the supermarket. This is a great way to make it through the winter in style.
December Noteworthy Items
Totem Farms is offering a great selection of custom evergreen wreaths. For a custom wreath, contact Rob directly at 302-930-1840.
Hattie’s farmer friends in Connecticut who own Maple Bank Farm, had a bumper crop of apples this year and we are pleased to offer this Indo/Golden Delicious hybrid introduced in the U.S. in 1948. Mutsu, or Crispin is one of a small number of varieties which really is dual purpose — being both pleasant as a dessert apple and versatile in the kitchen.
This year we are introducing two new vendors. We have pasture raised, free range chicken through Dittmar Family Farms, and an assortment of desserts, hearty soups, hummus with a Mediterranean accent from Nancy’s Cafe.
Jen’s delicious sweet and savory pies from Flying Squirrel Garden are also available in gluten-free options.
Wednesday Noon Deadline
While the deadline for placing your order is Wednesday at noon, we urge you to try to do so well ahead of that time. We fill orders as they are submitted and some items sell out quickly. These items are removed from the order form when sold out.
Important: If you do not receive your confirmation email, we do not have your order. Please email us as soon as possible to remedy.
A final invoice, with instructions how to pay for the order, will be emailed to you Thursday or Friday.
If you need more information on how the service works, please see our Delivery Page.
Most of you will be familiar with our vendors, having shopped with them at local farmers markets during the growing season. All produce sold is either certified organic or grown using sustainable methods without the use of synthetic pesticides or fungicides.
- Hattie’s Garden — Fresh produce, as available, grown using organic principles.
- Chesapeake Organic — Fresh certified organic produce including leafy greens, especially: kale, collards, bok choy, swiss chard.
- Totem Farms — Microgreens and fresh produce, as available, grown using organic principles.
- Fresh Harvest Hydroponics — Hydroponically-grown lettuce, arugula, microgreens, wheatgrass.
- AlaskaWild Seafoods — Salmon, Alaska Cod and Rockfish from Alaska sustainably managed waters.
- Dittmar Family Farms — Pasture raised, free range chicken and eggs.
- Twin Post Farm — Free-range chicken eggs.
- Chapel’s Country Creamery — Pasteurized and unpasteurized fresh cheese from grass fed cows.
- Davidson Exotic Mushrooms — Fresh Portabella, Crimini, Shiitake and Maiitake mushrooms from Kennett Square.
- Backyard Jams and Jellies — More than 50 types of homemade jams & jellies.
- Jen’s Pies – Flying Squirrel Garden — Sweet and savory pies by Jen, now with gluten-free option. All pies are handmade to order using fresh, organic, local and free-range ingredients.
- Patty’s Gourmet Food — Soups, comfort foods, salads and desserts using many local ingredients.
- Nancy’s Cafe — Soups, salads, sides, desserts and more, with a Mediterranean flair.
If you have any questions at all, please email Hattie directly for a prompt answer.
Thanks for helping to support your local vendors during their off-season!
Yours in the garden throughout the winter,