Hattie’s Garden will be open Tuesday through Friday from 10 to 5, and Sunday from 11 to 3.
Memorial Day, a traditional planting time, is upon us. Because of all the rain we are still planting our vegetables and flowers in the Garden.
And you can too. Consider getting a jump start on your home gardens, as well as avoiding the crowds and traffic, by going to Hattie’s Garden beginning tomorrow to get your carefully nurtured plants that will thrive and you will love.
Beginning this week, and especially toward the end of the week and over the weekend, our third planting of tomatoes, peppers and eggplant will be ready.
We also have Benary Giant in separate colors this week, as well as our mixed trays. Tall Blue Ageratum, Celosia and Lisianthus can also be purchased for your flower beds.
And the basil is finally shaping up!
This is our final planting of tomatoes, so you may want to circle the dates you can make it out to the farm.
Come get basil, marigolds, zinnias, vegetables and more. Some items will be on sale, especially some of our herbs, as we begin to clear out the high tunnel for the summer.
In addition to our extended hours on Tuesday through Friday, and on Sunday at the Garden, we will be at the Historic Lewes Farmers Market (HLFM) on Saturday from 8 to 12 located on the grounds of the George H.P. Smith Park at the corner of Dupont and Johnson Avenues from 8 to 12. For good parking and easy access, use Sussex Drive off of Savannah Road and park in one of the school parking lots. Follow the signs. You can enter directly into the market from the parking lot behind the school.
If these times / dates do not work for you, please email Hattie to make arrangements for an appointment. We can accommodate most requests.
Fresh Produce This Week
When you come for your plants, don’t forget to pickup some fresh salad ingredients and other produce. We do our best to cool all produce quickly from the field, wash in clean cool well-water and refrigerate immediately. While at market, we also go to great lengths to keep produce cool. Please look in the blue coolers for our triple-washed greens.
- Hakurei Turnips — Sweet, delicate, small white morsels of delight with the nicest greens of any turnip we have ever seen.
- Loose leaf lettuce — Cut at a young and tender stage of growth and includes a delightful variety of colors, shapes and textures. Triple-washed and kept cold in our coolers.
- Arugula — Young arugula, triple-washed and bagged.
- Mesclun — Triple-Washed & Bagged.
- Heirloom Head Lettuce — Harvested fresh every day, or while you wait!
- Radishes — These red radishes are delicious.
- Scallions — Large overwintered scallions (while they last).
- Broccoli Heads — At the Garden only.
Yours in the garden and at the market,