Linguine with Arugula, Pine Nuts and Parmesan Cheese
This is a wonderful fast, light and easy meal.
- 1 pound linguine (or any other pasta you like)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 ounces arugula, trimmed (Hattie’s arugula will not need to be trimmed!)
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Additional freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add arugula and stir until just wilted, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Drain pasta and return to pot.
- Add arugula and toss well.
- Add 1 cup Parmesan and salt and pepper to taste; toss well.
- Transfer to serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts.
- Serve immediately, adding additional Parmesan, if desired.
Serving size: per serving (6 servings) Calories: 594 Fat: 32 g (49%) Saturated fat: 6 g (32%) Unsaturated fat: 6 g Carbohydrates: 59 g (20%) Sodium: 312 mg (13%
You can substitute walnuts for pine nuts if you like.