For general information on lemongrass including how to prep it, see our lemongrass FAQ.
Early Autumn Spicy Lemongrass Miso Soup
A hearty and delicious lemongrass miso soup.
- 2 Asian Eggplant, sliced thin
- 8 ounces shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1Tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, fine chop
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped lemongrass
- 2 Tbsp sesame or vegetable oil
- juice of 1 large lime
- 2 qts organic vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup miso paste
- 1 Tbsp organic tamari or soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp hot chili garlic sauce (Asian condiment found in local supermarkets)
- 1 pkg firm tofu, diced
- 1 head baby bok choy, sliced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 3 scallions, diced
- 4 thai peppers, sliced
- Prepare all ingredients as described.
- Heat up oil in large soup pot, saute eggplant and mushrooms until soft
- Add ginger, garlic, and saute quickly till fragrant.
- Add broth, miso paste, lime juice, lemongrass, tamari, chili sauce, and heat to boiling
- Add tofu, heat through.
- In large soup bowls evenly distribute garnish
- Then ladle hot soup over top.