Kale Bean Soup
This makes a nice hearty and healthy lunch.
- Kale, a nice large bunch
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 or 2 large garlic cloves, crushed or minced (optional)
- Olive oil
- Cup or two of chicken or vegetable broth
- Two cups of water
- One or two cans of beans (kidney beans, white beans, or whatever you have in your cupboard)
- Parmesan or other grated cheese
- Saute an onion (and maybe some garlic) with olive oil in the bottom of a saucepan large enough to hold your soup.
- Meanwhile was and cut of the kale into bite-sized pieces, removing any larger stems.
- Once onion is tender add the water, beans, chicken broth, beans and kale.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or so, adding salt close to the end of cooking.
- Serve with a hearty bread and top with grated cheese.