July 4th is upon us and we are very excited to offer lots of produce and vegetables, as well as gorgeous flower bouquets to grace your home for this holiday week.
Our cherry tomatoes are nearly in full swing, and our flowers are just incredible.
We are harvesting arugula, wax and green beans, patty pan squash, scallions and onions, fresh cut basil and on Saturday we will have many unusual potatoes and garlic.
You can find us this week Tuesday through Friday from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Hattie’s Garden located at 31341 Kendale Road in Lewes, on Wednesday from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the Historic Lewes Farmers Market (HLFM) located at Kings Highway across from Crooked Hammock Brewery, and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the HLFM located at George H.P. Smith Park. If these times/dates do not work for you, please email Hattie to make other arrangements.
What’s Available This Week
- Cabernet Red Onions — Did You Know red onions contain compounds called flavonoids which are great antioxidants? These are found mostly in the outer layers, so remove as little of the peel as possible to retain the antioxidants. These onions are great in salads, salsas, and other raw preparations.
- Young Sierra Blanca Onions — This is a nice, mild sweet-white onion.
- Walla Walla Onions — Sweet, mild flavor. They are fantastic thinly sliced and served in salads or on top of sandwiches.
- Scallions — Sweet and mild. They can be used raw or cooked.
- Gold Rush Wax Beans — Tender and succulent.
- Jade Green Beans — Tender texture, sweet flavor and simply delicious.
- Cherry Tomatoes — In mixed pints. Limited.
- Patty Pan Squash — Delightful summer squash that can be grilled or sauteed in just minutes.
- Arugula — It’s young, clean and flavorful. Triple-washed and kept cold for you in our coolers.
- Swiss Chard — In bunches.
- Basil — Fresh cut.
- Specialty Cut Flowers — This week we have Benary Giant Zinnias, Amazon Neon Purple, stunning Double Click Cosmos, Tall Blue Ageratum and plumes of Celosia. Each of our flower cuttings, which will last you at least a full week, are pretty enough to stand alone in a vase. Choose a freshly prepared bouquet, or have a custom bouquet made for you on the spot, which comes complete with a packet of flower food.
Have a safe and happy 4th!
Yours in the garden and at the markets,