We will have a plant sale this week with most plants at 50% off.
Hattie’s Garden needs room in the high tunnel for late tomatoes. Lots of our beautiful plants must go! Yes! 50% off of most plants! Plant Sale will be held at Hattie’s Garden only from 2 to 5 on Thursday and Friday.
We will have Profusion Bedding Zinnias in several individual colors and in mixed 4-packs, Victoria Blue Salvia, and Globe Amaranth (Gomphrena) in purple and mixed colors. Profusion Zinnias are amazingly heat tolerant, disease resistant and need no deadheading. They will give you a show for the entire season. Globe Amaranth wants no special treatment at all. No need for added fertility and very drought tolerant, disease and insect resistant and heat tolerant. Globe Amaranth makes a nice fresh cut flower, and can also be dried.
Available Produce, Herbs & Flowers This Week
For our produce and beautiful cut flower bouquets, you can find us on this week at Hattie’s Garden on Thursday and Friday from 2 to 5, at the Garden Shack Farmers Market on Thursday from 2 to 6, and at the Historic Lewes Farmers Market (HLFM) on Saturday from 8 to 12. If these times/dates do not work for you, please email Hattie to make other arrangements.
- Young Arugula — Tasty, young and triple-washed.
- Hakurei Turnips — A nice new planting of turnips with beautiful greens.
- Red Russian Kale — Tender and delicious.
- Produce from Deep Grass Organic — This week we are thrilled to be bringing you exceptional and certified organic vegetables. These will be available only at Hattie’s Garden and the Garden Shack Farmers Market.
- New Red Potatoes — Great for roasting, mashing, salads, soups/stews.
- New Onions — Red and Yellow.
- Green Beans and Wax Beans — Delicious.
- Seedless Cucumbers — These cucumbers need no seeding or even peeling because their skins are so tender.
- Blueberries — Good source of vitamin K, vitamin C and packed with antioxidants!
The flowers are gorgeous. This week we are featuring custom mixed bouquets consisting of beautiful and showy gladiolus, double-click cosmos in a range of colors, the garden favorite snapdragons, beautiful tall blue ageratum, eye-catching celosia and gorgeous Gomphrena.
Each bouquet is individually wrapped for you with a wet paper towel for safe transport home and comes with a packet of flower food. These bouquets should last at least a full week for you as we cut and condition them professionally.
Fresh Cut Herbs
- Mojito Mint — Still going strong, you may need this for your July 4th libations, but also perfect for anything where a good flavored mint is a necessary ingredient. This is a wonderful all-round mint.
- Flat Italian Parsley — Beautiful, large bunches of the ‘Giant of Italy’ culinary parsley. We use it in everything and it is so good for you.
- Rosemary — I love cutting the rosemary. Such a wonderful aroma.
Yours in the Garden & at the Markets,