Honey Glazed Carrots
These carrots are quick and easy to prepare, and they make a great side dish for a family meal or holiday dinner.
- 1 pound baby carrots or young carrots with green tops, peeled and greens trimmed to 1/2 inch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley for garnish
- Steam carrots over an inch or two of boiling water until just tender
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet and stir in honey and vinegar.
- Add steamed carrots to the skillet and sauté over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until carrots are well glazed,
- Season carrots with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with parsley.
- Serve immediately.
You can substitute orange juice in place of lemon juice.