Plants and Produce for Sale on Tuesday through Friday: 10 to 5 and Sunday: 11 to 2
The Historic Lewes Farmers Market (HLFM) opens for their 14th season this Saturday, May 4 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. The Market is located at the George H. P. Smith Park at the corner of Dupont and Johnson Avenues. For good parking and easy access, use Sussex Drive off of Savannah Road and park in one of the school parking lots. Follow the signs. You can enter directly into the market from the parking lot behind the school.
Hattie’s Garden will be one of the vendors there and we hope you can join us at the opening. We bring as many plants as possible to the Market, there is a limit to the amount we can transport, and the best selection is here at the Garden. We will open Tuesday through Friday, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and will also open Sunday, May 5 for a short window from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Flowers — The flower plants we sell are not blooming in their pots! We don’t want them to bloom in their pots. We want them to bloom in your garden and grow to their full potential. They are at the stage now where they will literally “take off” once planted. They are not root-bound and the root hairs are just waiting to explore your soil. Our complete list of flower plants now available has grown to include all of our Zinnias — cutting zinnias in three heights as well as Profusion Bedding Zinnias, all our marigold varieties, as well as Nasturtiums.
- Tomatoes — Beautiful selection of Heirloom, Hybrid and Cherry tomato varieties.
- Squash — Wonderful summer squash includes Patty Pan, Yellow Squash and Zucchini.
- Herbs — Our herbs are really beginning to take off and there are many varieties to choose from.
- Peppers — Gastronomically indispensable hot pepper plants, a good selection of sweet pepper plants and sweet bell peppers are now ready.
- Eggplant — Both Asian and Italian varieties are ready for planting.
- Cucumbers — A parthenocarpic, nearly seedless pickling Little-leaf Pickling and Marketmore Slicing.
- Swiss Chard — Two varieties are available: delicious Fordhook and stunning Bright Lights.
- Other Vegetables — Available in six packs are arugula, and many lettuce varieties.
We’re thrilled to be offering a good batch of freshly-harvested vegetables and herbs this week. We will have available freshly cut salad greens consisting of loose leaf lettuce, mesclun and arugula, radishes and cilantro.
Yours in the Garden and Market,