The market will be open every Wednesday from 8 to 11 a.m., and Hattie’s Garden will be there! This is a great opportunity for those who want to shop mid-week at a producer-only market in Lewes.
And of course, we will be at the HLFM every Saturday from 8 a.m. to noon located on the grounds of the George H.P. Smith Park at the corner of Dupont and Johnson Avenues. There’s parking for that location at the Shields Elementary School parking lot, just off the corner of Savannah Road and Sussex Drive and a short walk to the market.
Unfortunately because of staffing needs, we will be unable to attend Garden Shack Market on Thursday during July and August. We hope to join them again in September.
We will still have hours here at Hattie’s Garden on Thursday and Friday from 2 to 5 for those of you who are better served by that time frame.
What’s Available This Week
- Cherry Tomatoes — Pints of mixed cherry tomatoes in all colors and sizes. (We also do wash our cherry tomatoes so that you may begin enjoying them on the spot.)
- Young Arugula — Tasty, young and triple-washed.
- Mesclun — Triple-washed.
- Loose Leaf Lettuce — Triple-washed.
- Hanover Kale — Young & delicious.
- Hakurei Turnips — A nice new planting of turnips with beautiful greens.
- Produce from Deep Grass Organic — These will be available only at Hattie’s Garden on Thursdays & Fridays from 2 – 5.
- New Red Potatoes — Great for roasting, mashing, salads, soups/stews.
- New Onions — Red and Yellow.
Our gladiolus are spectacular and we are still cutting snapdragons, beautiful tall blue ageratum, eye-catching celosia, gorgeous gomphrena, double-click cosmos in a range of colors, and the Benary giant zinnias (pictured left) are beginning to produce in good number.
A bouquet from Hattie’s Garden is guaranteed to last a week and comes with flower food. The flowers are professionally cut and conditioned and we encourage you to use the flower food.
The gladioli and snapdragons, cosmos and ageratum will all open better and retain their color more nicely if you feed them. In addition, the flower food will stop the spread of bacteria and create a low pH that will help the flowers live and look well for much longer.
Fresh Cut Herbs
- Mojito Mint — Perfect for anything where a good flavored mint is a necessary ingredient. This is a wonderful all-round mint.
- Flat Italian Parsley — Beautiful, large bunches of the ‘Giant of Italy’ culinary parsley. We use it in everything and it is so good for you.
- Rosemary — I love cutting the rosemary. Such a wonderful aroma.
Yours in the Garden & at the Markets,