Hattie’s Garden open Thursday and Friday, 2 to 5 — See below for directions.
Remember that Hattie’s Garden operates an off-season service with many farmers market vendors beginning Saturday December 1. You can read more about it below.
It has been a great year and many many thanks to all of you for your support, both at the market and here at the garden.
What’s Available This Week
The following will be available at Hattie’s Garden on Thursday & Friday from 2 to 5 located at 31341 Kendale Road in Lewes, or at the Saturday Fall HLFM from 9 to noon now located at Richard Shields Elementary School Parking Lot (Savannah Rd. & Sussex Dr).
- Fresh Berggarten Sage — A must have for your turkey and stuffing.
- Loose Leaf Lettuce — Triple-washed and bagged. Limited supply.
- Young Arugula — Triple-washed and bagged. Limited supply.
- Young Red Russian Kale — A wonderfully sweet kale, certainly young enough to be eaten raw, the sweetness really comes out with a bit of cooking.
- Fresh Honey — From our Garden.
Off-Season Delivery / Pickup Service
Again this winter, Hattie’s Garden is participating with about a dozen vendors to bring you local produce and artisan products during the “off-season.” Our goal is to help create a viable foodshed on Delmarva by providing you with locally grown and produced food. We do everything we can to advance local small sustainable farms and food artisans and to promote the consumption of good whole food grown locally. A preliminary vendor list is provided below.
Be on the lookout for an email from Hattie on Sunday, November 25, that will contain all the details, including how to order. If you have signed up for our email newsletter, you will receive a copy of the new post as an email and you may follow a link to the order form.
This email will always be published on our website should you accidentally misplace it. The deadline for ordering each week is Wednesday at Noon.
You may pickup your order at the garden from 9 to 3 Saturdays, or other days by prior arrangement. We also deliver for a small fee in Rehoboth and Lewes.
Off-Season Delivery / Pickup Service Vendor List
Below is a preliminary list of vendors, along with their products, who will participate in the off-season delivery / pickup program with Hattie’s Garden. All produce sold is either certified organic or grown using sustainable methods without the use of synthetic pesticides or fungicides.
- Hattie’s Garden — Produce grown using organic and sustainable principles.
- Chesapeake Organic — Certified organic produce.
- Totem Farms — Sustainably grown peppers, lettuce, seasonal greens, squash and other vegetables.
- Fresh Harvest Hydroponics — Sustainably grown vegetables without the use of synthetic pesticides, herbicides, or fertilizers.
- AlaskaWild Seafoods — Wild-caught Alaska salmon, Alaska cod and Alaska rockfish.
- Bohemia Lea Farm — Sustainably grown chicken, pork and beef.
- Twin Post Farm — Eggs from free-range chickens fed all natural grain with no antibiotics.
- Chapel’s Country Creamery — Artisan cheeses made from raw milk from grass fed cows.
- Davidson Exotic Mushrooms — Portabello, Shitake, Crimini, Oyster, White, and other exotic mushrooms.
- Backyard Jams and Jellies — Dozens of homemade jams and jellies, mustards and chutneys.
- Patty’s Deli — Freshly prepared gourmet food and deli items using many local ingredients.
- Jen’s Gourmet Pies — Sweet dessert pies and savory pot pies.
- Plant Wisdom Within — Herbal remedies & salves, tinctures & syrups.
Directions to Hattie’s Garden
Hattie’s Garden is located at 31341 Kendale Rd in Lewes approximately 3 miles from Plantation Rd. (Also known as Rt. 1D) coming inland on either Robinsonville Rd. or Beaver Dam Rd (Rt. 23 South).
Kendale Rd. is a short link (.6 miles) between Robinsonville and Beaver Dam and the garden at 31341 Kendale is located near the Beaver Dam Rd. intersection — five houses from that intersection on the left hand side.
The house has purple trim and you will see a large hoophouse or “high tunnel” in the back as you drive into the driveway.
We hold our sales in the large garage attached to the house. Enter the garage through a door in the side of the garage, just behind the house.
From the City of Lewes:
Travel on Savannah Rd and cross Rt. 1 as though traveling to Georgetown on Rt. 9, but take an immediate left and then an immediate right to access Rt. 23 South (Beaver Dam Rd). Rt. 23 runs roughly parallel to Rt. 9. Continue 3 miles and turn left onto Kendale Rd. Look for the purple trim on our house after a short distance of about a tenth of a mile.
From Rehoboth Beach:
Travel north on Rt. 1 and take a left at Rt. 24. Take a right onto Plantation Rd.–the first major intersection–and then a left onto Robinsonville Rd. (1.9 miles). Travel just under 3 miles and take a right onto Kendale Rd. Travel .5 miles on Kendale and 31341 will be on the right toward the end of this short road.
Yours in the Garden & Market,