Our lovely heirloom tomatoes are ready! We are thrilled.
Many would say that if you’ve never had an heirloom tomato then you’ve never tasted a real tomato.
We know how true this is.
Yes, at first glance the heirloom tomato may look weird to you, with its less than perfect round shape met with a few scarred splits in the skin, but don’t let that deter you.
These tomatoes are a rare gastronomical treat, passed down from generations of farmers and free from any science-driven genetic engineering.
What’s Available This Week
The following is available at the Wednesday (8-11) Historic Lewes Farmers Market (HLFM) located by the Crooked Hammock Brewery on King’s Highway near Dartmouth Drive and Rt. 1., on Thursday and Friday at Hattie’s Garden from 2 to 5, and the HLFM on Saturday from 8 to 12.
- Heirloom Tomatoes — Heirlooms and pints of mixed cherry tomatoes in all colors and sizes.
- Young Arugula — It’s beautiful, clean and very flavorful. Triple-washed and kept cold for you in our coolers.
- Loose Leaf lettuce — Cut at a young and tender stage of growth. Triple-washed and kept cold in our coolers.
- Mesclun — Mix of young arugula and loose leaf. Triple-washed and kept cold in our coolers.
- Green Beans — Beautiful and flavorful.
- Patty Pan Squash — Delightful summer squash that can be grilled or sauteed in just minutes.
- Garlic — An essential and wonderful seasoning to add aroma, taste, and added nutrition to your dishes.
Specialty Cut Flowers
Our fresh-cut flowers this week include the lovely lisianthus, our popular zinnias, delightful cosmos, beautiful celosia, and gorgeous gomphrena.
Choose a freshly prepared beautiful bouquet or have a custom bouquet made on the spot. Each bouquet comes with flower food, and is guaranteed to last at least a week.
We suggest you do use the flower food for the longest lasting flowers, best opening blooms and the most vibrant colors.
Yours in the Garden & at the Markets,