Due to forecasted weather conditions and the closure of Lewes Elementary School parking lot for paving, the Historic Lewes Farmers Market (HLFM) will not be open tomorrow, Saturday, July 9.
However, Hattie’s Garden will be open tomorrow on Saturday, July 9 from 8 to 2 for the sale of specialty cut-flowers, freshly-harvested produce, meat, eggs, cheese, and fish.
What’s Available from Hattie
The following freshly harvested produce and flowers is available at Hattie’s Garden on Saturday, July 9 from 8 to 2.
- Monte Gusto Pole Beans — Pole yellow wax bean has a superior flavor to bush wax beans.
- Seychelles Pole Beans — Succulent green, stringless pole beans with an incredible flavor.
- Mixed Pole Beans — A mixture of Monte Gusto and Seychelles pole beans. Always picked young and these pole beans are both stringless.
- Cherry Tomatoes — These are just the beginning. Limited quantity this week.
- Swiss Chard — Delightfully tender. By the bunch.
- Young Arugula — Triple-washed and bagged.
- Young Mixed Lettuce — Triple-washed and bagged.
- Mesclun — Triple-washed and bagged.
- Fresh Herbs — Fresh cut basil, fresh cut parsley. Fresh cut oregano, thyme, chives, rosemary upon request.
- Fresh-cut Flower Bouquets — This week we have Amazon Neon Purple Dianthus, Double-click Cosmos, Benary Giant Zinnias, Tall Blue Ageratum and Sylphid Celosia plumosa. Each bouquet comes with flower food, and is guaranteed to last at least a week.
- Potatoes — A nice assortment of heirloom and fingerling potatoes.
What’s Available from our Other Vendors
The following meat, eggs, cheese, fish and other food products are available at Hattie’s Garden Saturday, July 9 from 8 to 2.
- Freeman’s Corn — Yes, it’s back! Mark and Tony Freeman have the best fresh corn in the area.
- Chapel’s Country Creamery — Lots of delicious cheese made from the milk of their pastured cows.
- AlaskaWild Seafoods — Flash frozen, wild-caught salmon, rockfish and cod.
- Woodbine Farm (an affiliate of Chapel’s Country Creamery) — Pasture-raised pork and beef.
- Twin Post Farm — Free-range chicken eggs from Princess Anne County.
- Chrissy’s Bees — Butterbean and Wildflower Honey.
Directions to Hattie’s Garden
Hattie’s Garden is located at 31341 Kendale Rd in Lewes approximately 3 miles from Plantation Road (also known as Rt. 1D), coming inland on either Robinsonville Rd. or Beaver Dam Rd (Rt. 23 South).
Kendale Rd. is a short road (0.6 miles) between Robinsonville and Beaver Dam Road. The house is fifth on the left from Beaver Dam Rd, and has a large wooden fence in front of house with purple trim.
Park in the graveled area facing the fence. The plants will be setup at the end of the driveway and we should be close by. Produce and food is located inside the garage and you may enter through the side door. Just follow the signs.
Yours in the Garden,