We hope you are enjoying our cooler than usual weather this week as much as we are. Come out and see us at the Garden this Thursday, July 24, if getting to the Historic Lewes Farmers Market (HLFM) on Saturday is difficult for you, or if you need some items to get you before the weekend.
If you are not able to visit on Thursday, as well as unable to come to the HLFM, please email Hattie so she can make arrangements with you.
What’s Available This Week
This week at Hattie’s Garden, both on Thursday from 2 to 5, and on Saturday, July 26 at the HLFM from 8 to 12, we will have the following:
- Arugula – It’s back in wonderful quality and quantity!
- Blackberries – Delicious!
- Loose Leaf Lettuce – Limited still, but more than last week
- Swiss Chard – We are picking young leaves of this versatile green
- Tomatoes – Include mixed pints of cherry tomatoes, Cherokee Purple heirlooms and great tasting hybrid tomatoes.
- Patty Pan Squash – This is so delicious.
- Sweet and Hot Peppers – Includes Cubanelle, Anaheim and Lavender Islander bell peppers.
- Genovese Basil – a variety of sweet basil that originated in Italy that has less of a tendency to become bitter after long, slow periods of cooking.
- Flat Italian Parsley – Nice robust flavor that some say holds up better in cooking than curly parsley.
- Specialty Cut Flowers. Our cuttings this week include Lisianthus which have finally begun to bloom.
They are gorgeous flowers and last a long, long time in the vase. They are pretty enough to stand alone, or we can make a lovely arrangement for you with one or more of our beautiful fillers.
In addition, we have large zinnias and smaller headed zinnias, cranberry cosmos, purple gomphrena, tall blue ageratum and yarrow. We prepare in advance a few bouquets mixing various flowers, or you can have us make you a bouquet with your choice of flowers.
Yours in the garden and at the table…