We are very excited about how beautiful our flowers are looking.
Each of our flower cuttings, which will last you at least a full week, are pretty enough to stand alone in a vase. However, we do assemble, in advance, some lovely individually-wrapped bouquets. And of course, you may also request a custom made bouquet, using your choice of flowers, made on the spot. Each bouquet comes with a packet of flower food.
Our flowers this week are:
- Gladiolus — in a rainbow of colors for lovely bouquets.
- Benary Giant Zinnias — big, bold, beautiful flowers in bright pink, scarlet, purple, salmon rose, golden yellow, coral, wine, and lilac.
- Gomphrena — also known as Globe Amaranth, these delightful clover-like flowers resemble little pom-poms.
- Tall Blue Ageratum — these lavender-blue flowers are an excellent addition to mixed bouquets.
- Salvia viridis — aka Clary Sage, these beautiful bracts come in three different colors.
- Salvia farinacea — aka Mealy Sage, these have violet-blue spikes.
- Scabiosa — aka Pincushion, these puffy domed flowers are dotted with stamens, resembling a well used pincushion. Adds a lovely wildflower feel to any arrangement.
- Snapdragons — derived from the “snap” the blooms make when squeezed, these are among the very best cut flowers in a full spectrum colors. Gather a dozen or more in a small vase and you’ll have one of the prettiest bouquets around.
- Dianthus Amazon Neon Purple — showy flat clusters of fragrant purple flowers.
- Lisianthus — some these may be ready this week. They look gorgeous and tall, and are just beginning to bloom.
We were terrifically busy for the Fourth of July and want to thank everyone for supporting us with your attendance at the HLFM and your visits to our garden.
We love seeing people at the garden on Thursday and Friday afternoons and have more time to chat and talk about our products than at the HLFM.
We can offer you ideas for preparing vegetables and also give you gardening advice if you are growing some of your own things, so do stop by.
We plan to maintain the garden hours for the entire growing season this year.
Our cherry tomatoes are slowly beginning to ripen and are likely to be available only at the garden this week.
We will also have plenty of mesclun, arugula and loose leaf lettuce, all triple-washed and kept cold for you in our coolers. In addition we will have haricot vert (gourmet green beans) and patty pan squash, along with the 2015 debut of our sweet peppers.
Yours in the Garden and Market,