Early Plant Sale, Saturday, April 13 from 3 to 5.
Hattie’s Garden will be open for a quick 2-hour plant sale Saturday afternoon since so many of our nurtured seedlings have grown into nice, healthy plant starts, and are reading to be planted in the ground or containers.
For those of you who can’t wait to get busy with your garden, this weekend would be an ideal time to get started because of the warmer weather we will be having in the coming days.
Because of our busy weekend, this is the only time slot we can offer to have you visit, but if you want to come by during the week, please email Hattie to setup a time that works for you.
In addition to the following starts in six-pack containers, we also have available several cool weather herbs in 4 inch pots.
- Mixed Lettuce — Grow your own salad mix with the ‘Cut-and-Come-Again’ Allstar Gourmet Lettuce Mix which includes green oakleaf, red oakleaf, green romaine, red romaine, lollo rossa, and red leaf lettuce.
- Head Lettuce — Several varieties available. See website for details.
- Arugula — Lovely Six-Packs.
- Swiss Chard — Delicious Fordhook and stunning Bright Lights are ready.
- Bouquet Dill — Delightful herb with many culinary uses.
- Calypso Cilantro — Excellent eating quality and lots of leaves on this variety.
About Our Six-Packs
A word about our small Six-packs plant plugs (starts). We plant several seeds in each “cell” of our six packs for cilantro, dill, parsley, arugula and mixed lettuce.
These small, extremely viable plants will take off for you in your garden and give you very nice harvests in a small space and can be harvested at a tender age AND allowed to regrow.
Our head lettuce is planted one lettuce plant per cell which include a range of hard to find gourmet lettuce, many of which are heirlooms. They are available only once a year in the spring when they will grow well for you. As summer approaches and the weather turns hot, we suggest growing the mixed lettuce plugs to a young age to avoid bitter lettuce.
Watch for the Sunday publication of our post and order form for our final delivery on Saturday, April 20.
Yours in the Garden,