Welcome to the start of the 2022 – 2023 Offseason Delivery/Pickup Service from Hattie’s Garden! We are now taking orders for the Saturday, December 3 service. Our program helps fill in those cold winter months with produce and artisan foods from local vendors, many of whom you may have seen at local farmers markets. Aside from being extremely fresh, this food is simply not available in the supermarket. This is a great way to make it through the winter in style.
How it Works
Every Sunday we will send out an email (which will also be posted in our news section) detailing the items available for the coming Saturday’s order. The deadline to complete the order is 8PM on Tuesday. Orders are filled as they are submitted and some items sell out quickly. The order form will be updated as items sell out for the week. The order form will then be removed on Tuesday after the deadline. The following Sunday, a new order form will be available to begin the weekly cycle again.
What You Need to Do
Please place your order as soon as possible. While the deadline for placing your order is Tuesday at 8PM, we urge you to try to do so well ahead of that time. We fill orders as they are submitted and some items sell out quickly. These items are removed from the order form when sold out.
Once you complete your order, you will receive a confirmation email listing the items you ordered with an estimated total. If you do not receive your confirmation email within one hour after you place your order, please check your SPAM folder first, and if it is not there, please email us.
If you have changes or additions, email us before the Tuesday 8PM deadline. You can also submit another order. Just indicate in the comment box located on the bottom of the form that this is an additional order for the week.
We will send an update on Tuesday morning, indicating any changes to our inventory for that week.
Delivery or Pickup
If you live in Lewes or Rehoboth Beach, we can deliver your order to your home on Saturday mornings for $6.00. Deliveries are made on Saturday mornings before noon. Hattie can give you an idea of time-frame for your location if needed. For the first order of the season, please let us know the best place to leave your order if it is not on your front doorstep. There is a section for special instructions located on the bottom of the form for this purpose, as well as for any other notes, questions or instructions you may have.
To pickup your order, come to the Garden, located at 31341 Kendale Rd in Lewes, anytime on Saturday from 9 to 2, or email Hattie to arrange a separate time. Someone will be there to help you. We will also be open during that timeframe on Saturdays for casual shopping. While we keep most items in our inventory, some items may run out and it is best to purchase through the online order system if you want to be sure to get everything you want.
Most of you are familiar with our local vendors.
- Hattie’s Garden — Fresh produce, as available, grown using organic and sustainable principles.
- 302 Aquaponics — This sustainable aquaponics operation grows fresh chemical-free produce using cutting edge technology.
- Dittmar Family Farms — Fresh produce, and free range chicken.
- Williwaw Farm — Seasonal produce using minimal tillage, lots of compost, hard work, and never any synthetic chemicals, from Easton, MD
- Enoch Farms — Sustainably raised, naturally grown, and heritage pork. We will be carrying some of their customized sausage other pork products.
- Woodbine Farms — Pasture-raised pork and beef.
- AlaskaWild Seafoods — Salmon, Alaska Cod and Rockfish from Alaska sustainably managed waters.
- Twin Post Farm — Free-range chicken eggs.
- Chapel’s Country Creamery — Pasteurized and unpasteurized fresh cheese from grass fed cows. Their on-farm cheese-making operation is one of the first of its kind in Maryland.
- Davidson’s Exotic Mushrooms — Fresh organic mushrooms from Kennett Square, PA. We carry all types of their mushrooms and if there is a mix you would like, let us know and we will add it to our list.
- Chrissy’s Bees — Local honey from a division of Stag Run Farm.
- Backyard Jams and Jellies — Dozens of homemade jams & jellies.
We hope you enjoy what we bring to you and continue to eat well into the winter.
Directions to Hattie’s Garden
Hattie’s Garden is located at 31341 Kendale Rd in Lewes approximately 3 miles from Plantation Road (also known as Rt. 1D), coming inland on either Robinsonville Rd. or Beaver Dam Rd (Rt. 23 South).
Kendale Rd. is a short road (0.6 miles) between Robinsonville and Beaver Dam Road. The house is fifth on the left from Beaver Dam Rd, and has a large wooden fence in front of house with purple trim.
Park in the graveled area facing the fence. If you don’t see us, you may toot your horn. We could be processing things in the garage or working outside in the garden.
Reminder that you do not need an appointment. Simply show up during our open hours of operation. We prefer cash or checks, and do have the capability to take credit cards if necessary.
Yours in the Garden,