Welcome to the start of the Delivery / Pickup Service for 2023-2024 season from Hattie’s Garden! We are now taking orders for the Saturday, December 2 service.
Every Sunday we will send out an email (which will also be posted in our news section) detailing the items available for the coming Saturday order. The deadline to complete the order is 8PM on Tuesday. Orders are filled as they are submitted and some items sell out quickly. We base our vendor inventory on the orders we receive from our customers. Although we order extra of everything, items we receive fresh every week could be limited if you don’t place an order in advance.
Casual Shopping Hours
You may also shop casually on Tuesday from 12 to 3 and Saturday from 9 to 2. To be sure you get the items you want, it is best to fill out the order form, but we always try to stock plenty for sale.
What You Need to Do
Please place your order as soon as possible. While the deadline for placing your order is Tuesday at 8PM, some items will be limited and we urge you to place your order as soon as you can to get the best selections.
Once you complete your order, you will receive a confirmation email listing the items you ordered with an estimated total. Check your spam folder if you don’t receive the confirmation. If it isn’t there, please email us immediately to be sure we have your order. Email us prior to the Tuesday 8PM deadline if you have any changes.
Delivery or Pickup
If you live in Lewes, Rehoboth Beach, or Milton, we can deliver your order to your home on Saturday mornings for $8.00. To pickup your order, come to the Garden, located at 31341 Kendale Rd in Lewes, anytime on Saturday from 9 to 2. Remember that we are also open during that timeframe for casual shopping.
Most of you are familiar with our local vendors.
- Hattie’s Garden — Fresh produce, as available, using organic and sustainable growing principles.
- 302 Aquaponics — This sustainable aquaponics operation grows fresh chemical-free produce using cutting edge technology.
- Dittmar Family Farms — Grass-fed beef. Dittmar grows Belted Galloway, a traditional hardy breed of Scottish cattle that is eminently suited to be grass-fed and produces a tender, juicy, flavorful beef, lean and higher in protein and lower in cholesterol than comparable breeds.
- Enoch Farms — Sustainably raised, naturally grown, heritage pork.
- Mahon River Farm — Locally raised, locally fed, locally processed pasture-raised chicken, Mahon strives to grow the most healthy, best tasting poultry possible and provide customers great satisfaction knowing they are feeding their families food that is grown the right way.
- AlaskaWild Seafoods — Salmon, Alaska Cod and Rockfish from Alaska sustainably managed waters.
- Twin Post Farm — Free-range chicken eggs.
- Chapel’s Country Creamery — Pasteurized and unpasteurized fresh cheese from grass fed cows.
- Davidson’s Exotic Mushrooms — Fresh organic mushrooms from Kennett Square, PA.
- Gaia Coffee Co. — Specialty Costa Rican coffee that is craft roasted in small batches in Lewes, Delaware. The coffee is currently coming from small farms in Costa Rica that they have met personally to bridge the gap between the farmer and you.
- Stag Run Farm — Freshly-harvested apples.
- Chrissy’s Bees — Local honey.
- Backyard Jams and Jellies — Dozens of homemade jams & jellies.
Remember the deadline for placing your December 2 order is Tuesday at 8PM. Otherwise, please stop by the Garden on Tuesday from 12 to 3 or Saturday from 9 to 2 for casual shopping. We hope you enjoy what we bring to you and continue to eat well into the winter.
Directions to Hattie’s Garden
Hattie’s Garden is located at 31341 Kendale Rd in Lewes approximately 3 miles from Plantation Road (also known as Rt. 1D), coming inland on either Robinsonville Rd. or Beaver Dam Rd (Rt. 23 South).
For the next several months, Five Points is closed at Plantation and Beaver Dam. For those who normally travel that way, just head up Route 9 to Dairy Farm Rd. Turn left at Dairy Farm and right at the end of Dairy Farm onto Beaver Dam Rd. Kendale will be on your left in less than ½ mile.
Kendale Rd. is a short road (0.6 miles) between Robinsonville and Beaver Dam Road. The house is fifth on the left from Beaver Dam Rd, and has a large wooden fence in front of house with purple trim.
Park in the graveled area facing the fence. If you don’t see us, you may toot your horn. We could be processing things in the garage or working outside in the garden.
Reminder that you do not need an appointment. Simply show up during our open hours of operation. We prefer cash or checks, and do have the capability to take credit cards if necessary.
Yours in the Garden,