Our cut flowers began their beautiful debut for the season as we welcomed the onset of summer on Monday. This week we are happy to be cutting the first of our snapdragons, Benary giant zinnias, larkspur, ageratum and more, for beautiful cut flower bouquets.
Our bouquets will last a long time because they are carefully cut, properly conditioned and kept cold for you. Each bouquet comes with a packet of flower food to give you a full week of enjoyment.
You can find us on this week at Hattie’s Garden on Thursday and Friday from 2 to 5, at the Garden Shack Farmers Market on Thursday from 2 to 6, and at the Historic Lewes Farmers Market (HLFM) on Saturday from 8 to 12. If these times/dates do not work for you, please email Hattie to make other arrangements.
Available Produce this Week
- Arugula — Triple-washed and bagged, young and very tasty.
- Mesclun — Triple-washed and bagged, of course.
- Romaine Lettuce Heads — includes Green Jericho Romaine, Majestic Red Romaine and beautiful Forellenschluss Romaine.
- Hakurei Turnips — This Japanese turnip variety is sometimes called “salad turnip” because it is crisp, juicy, and delicious raw.
- Kale — Two sizes: very young & tender and somewhat larger that is ideal for juicing.
- Produce from Deep Grass Organic — This week we are thrilled to be bringing you exceptional and certified organic vegetables. These will be available only at Hattie’s Garden and the Garden Shack Farmers Market.
- New Red Potatoes — Great for roasting, mashing, salads, soups/stews.
- Large New Onions — No kitchen should be without the distinctive smell and taste of onions filling out the flavors of almost every type of cuisine imaginable.
- Seedless Cucumbers — These cucumbers need no seeding or even peeling because their skins are so tender.
- Zucchini — Delicate with an almost sweet flavor.
Available Plants for your Garden
Yes, there is still time to get those last plantings of tomatoes in the ground and have a good harvest. We have nice new SunGold cherry tomato plants, the favorite grape: Honeybunch Grape tomato plant and some Pruden’s Purple and Amish Paste tomato plants.
Yours in the Garden & at the Markets,