Hattie’s Garden will have the first of our cherry tomato mixed pints this week. They will be limited, and most likely briefly available at the Garden during our business hours: Tuesday through Friday from 2 to 5.
With all the rain, our produce is thriving along with the weeds! And now we have been blessed with beautiful sunny days with low humidity.
You can find us this week on Wednesday from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the Historic Lewes Farmers Market (HLFM) located at Kings Highway across from Crooked Hammock Brewery, Tuesday through Friday from 2 to 5 at Hattie’s Garden located at 31341 Kendale Road in Lewes, and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the HLFM located at George H.P. Smith Park. If these times/dates do not work for you, please email Hattie to make other arrangements.
Plants for Your Garden
We have large basil planters for your patio that can be brought into the kitchen for use while cooking.
We also have last minute heirloom tomato plants — the complex sweet-flavored Cherokee Purple, the wonderfully tasting Black Krim and the gorgeous, delectable Pineapple Bicolor for you to plant into large containers or in the ground. You can still reliably get tomatoes if you plant before July 4.
And if you need a bit of color, we have a sale going for our Lemondrop Marigolds. These little workhorses will give you blooms all summer long and stay about a foot high.
What’s Available This Week
- Young Sierra Blanca Onions — This is a nice, mild sweet-white onion.
- Red Onions — Relatively mild flavor. Great in salads, salsas, and other raw preparations.
- Walla Walla Onions — Sweet, mild flavor. They are fantastic thinly sliced and served in salads or on top of sandwiches.
- Scallions — Sweet and mild. They can be used raw or cooked.
- Cherry Tomatoes — In mixed pints. Limited.
- Patty Pan Squash — Delightful summer squash that can be grilled or sauteed in just minutes.
- Loose leaf lettuce — A delightful variety of colors, shapes and textures. Triple-washed and kept cold in our coolers.
- Arugula — It’s young, clean and flavorful. Triple-washed and kept cold for you in our coolers.
- Mesclun — A mixture of young lettuce and arugula. Triple-washed & bagged.
- Swiss Chard — In bunches.
- Gold Rush Wax Beans — Tender and succulent.
- Jade Green Beans — Tender texture, sweet flavor and simply delicious.
- Herbs — Fresh cut Basil.
- Specialty Cut Flowers — We are swimming in beautiful specialty cut flowers this week that you will love. This includes Benary Giant Zinnias, Amazon Neon Purple, stunning Double Click Cosmos, Rocket Snapdragons, Tall Blue Ageratum and plumes of Celosia. Each of our flower cuttings, which will last you at least a full week, are pretty enough to stand alone in a vase. Choose a freshly prepared bouquet, or have a custom bouquet made for you on the spot, which comes complete with a packet of flower food.
Yours in the garden and at the markets,