Hattie’s Garden will be open Tuesday through Friday from 10 to 5.
Plant for blooms and vegetables all summer. This week is a great week to settle in the plants in your garden if you have not done so already.
If you haven’t planted, there is still plenty of time, and if you have, you may want to extend your harvest by adding a plant or two.
Our final planting of tomatoes, eggplant and pepper plants is ready to go and we have dozens of varieties. Hattie counted nine varieties of cherry tomatoes, six of heirloom tomatoes, and another six of hybrid tomatoes.
There’s also a dozen different pepper varieties, both hot and sweet, and lots of the tall productive heirloom Ping Tung Long Asian eggplant, the quick growing smaller stature Orient Express (perfect for a container) and plenty of Italian eggplant plants.
We have tall Benary Giant cutting zinnias in all the various colors so that you may plan a color scheme for your garden, or just go with a mix and enjoy all the colors.
For something low maintenance and beautiful, Profusion bedding zinnias are heat tolerant, drought tolerant and will bloom all summer with no dead-heading.
We hope you will come by the Garden this week, Tuesday through Friday from 10 to 5. We will also be at the Historic Lewes Farmers Market (HLFM) on Saturday from 8 to 12 located on the grounds of the George H.P. Smith Park at the corner of Dupont and Johnson Avenues from 8 to 12.
Fresh Produce This Week
- Arugula — Young arugula, triple-washed and bagged.
- Mesclun — Triple-Washed & Bagged.
- Loose leaf lettuce — Cut at a young and tender stage of growth and includes a delightful variety of colors, shapes and textures. Triple-washed and kept cold in our coolers.
- Swiss Chard — Freshly-harvested, triple-washed and bagged.
- Sugar Snap Peas — These delicious peas can be eaten in the pods and do not require shelling.
- Herbs — Fresh cut Dill and Cilantro.
- Broccoli Heads — There are also a few more broccoli heads waiting to be harvested while you wait.
At the Garden only.
Crocked Hammock HLFM Market
Beginning June 5 through August 28 from 8 to 11, the HLFM runs the Wednesday market by the Crooked Hammock Brewery on King’s Highway near Dartmouth Drive and Rt. 1 (across from WaWa).
Yours in the garden and at the market,