Hattie’s Garden will be open this week on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (July 7, 8, & 9) from 2 PM to 5 PM, and Saturday (July 11) for the sale of Hattie’s produce and flowers, and a few artisan food items from our vendors.
No appointment is necessary, but please review our safety protocols below.
Our Delivery/Pickup service continues, and you may still place your order for the Saturday, July 11 Service until Tuesday at 8 PM, or when we reach our ordering limit — whichever comes first. Thank you to all who have already placed their orders.
Available Produce and Other Food Items
Freshly harvested produce (and flowers!) for pickup from Hattie’s Garden this week:
- Provider Green Beans — Our delicious early bean.
- Blackberries — By the pint.
- Scallions — Large bunches on sale this week.
- Heirloom, hardneck Purple Striped garlic — Deep and rich flavor with sweet undertones.
- Eggplant — Italian and Asian in limited quantities.
- Peppers — Both hot and sweet varieties are available.
- Patty Pan Squash — Can be grilled, fried, or oven-roasted.
- Eight-ball Zucchini — Unique single serving size zucchini.
- Early Wonder Tall Top Beets — By the bunch.
- Hakurei Turnips — Small, young salad turnips with nice greens.
- Herbs — Fresh cut basil and rosemary.
- Flower Bouquets — three to four different flower types including Zinnias and Dianthus. Each of our bouquets will last you a full week and comes with a packet of flower food.
- AlaskaWild Seafoods — Coho Salmon, Sockeye Salmon, Alaskan Rockfish and Alaskan Cod.
- Chapel’s Country Creamery — Chapel Cheddar, Chesapeake Brie, Amber 16, Woodbine, Bay Blue, Queso Fresco and Paneer cheese.
- Dittmar Family Farms — Pasture raised whole chicken and chicken liver.
- Twin Post Farm — Free-range chicken eggs.
- Stag Run — Chrissy Bee’s honey.
If you want products from the vendors listed below, please place an order through our online ordering system for pickup or delivery on Saturday, July 4.
- Totem Farms
- Fresh Harvest
- Dittmar Family Farms Produce when available
- Nancy’s Cafe prepared foods
- King Mushrooms
Please place your order as soon as possible. We may reach capacity prior to the deadline, or run out of certain items.
You may stay in your car and we will come to you. If you get out of your car, you must be wearing a mask and we ask that you maintain your distance from us and others. If you see other customers out of their cars, please remain in your car until the crowd thins out, or allow us to take care of you in turn by coming to your window. (We will wear masks and we would like you to wear one as well.)
Directions to Hattie’s Garden
Hattie’s Garden is located at 31341 Kendale Rd in Lewes approximately 3 miles from Plantation Road (also known as Rt. 1D), coming inland on either Robinsonville Rd. or Beaver Dam Rd (Rt. 23 South).
Kendale Rd. is a short road (0.6 miles) between Robinsonville and Beaver Dam Road. The house is fifth on the left from Beaver Dam Rd, and has a large wooden fence in front of house with purple trim.
Park in the graveled area facing the fence. If you don’t see us, you may toot your horn. We could be processing things in the garage or working outside in the garden.
We prefer cash or checks, and do have the capability to take credit cards if necessary.
Yours in the Garden and greenhouse,