Arugula and Tomato Salad
This is a delicious salad and we use it as a main component of our meals.
- One bag of Hattie’s Garden young or spicy arugula
- One cup of ripe tomatoes cut into bite sized pieces (if using cherry tomatoes, cut in half)
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a glass bowl, combine tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and crumbled blue cheese, allowing 5 minutes or so to rest
- Put arugula into a salad bowl.
- About 10 minutes to serving, add the tomato mixture to release the juice. (You could toss instead, but I prefer to let the juices slowly seep into the arugula).
You can double or triple it to serve a larger group.