Arugula and Olive Pesto
Makes enough sauce for one pound of pasta.
- 3 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup best-quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped kalamata olives, or other oil-cured black olive
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese
- Place all ingredients except cheese in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade.
- Process until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Transfer mixture to a small bowl and stir in the cheese.
- Taste for seasonings adding salt or pepper as desired.
Toss with pasta, use on sandwiches, and anything as the spirit moves you.