Plant CSA Now Open through March 1, 2022 — Sign Up Now
Hattie’s Garden is pleased to announce the launch of our Plant CSA for 2022. CSA stands for community-supported agriculture and is a concept that has caught hold throughout the sustainable agriculture community. Farmers establish CSAs to more closely link communities and farms by asking their communities to provide financial support in exchange for goods in advance of the season. The pre-season for a farmer is generally a time when funds are low and expenses are high. By participating in a CSA, the community enables the farmer to more easily acquire needed inputs for the season.
Hattie’s Garden Plant CSA allows you to purchase an amount of credit toward Hattie’s Garden vegetable transplants, herbs, cutting flowers and bedding plants ahead of time in exchange for a 10% discount, as well as any produce we sell during the growing season.
Hattie’s Garden is known for growing healthy vigorous plants which are ready to take off when you place them in the soil. They will make better growth than most box-store plants, and are healthier plants from the start. Plants are available for purchase throughout the spring, beginning in late April.
We grow a marvelous range of vegetable plants, cutting flowers, bedding flowers and a multitude of herbs at Hattie’s Garden. Our customers are amazed at how well our plants do for them.
We use a certified organic compost-based, living soil potting mix from Vermont Compost Company. There is none better. We have tried many different types of organic potting soils and have never found one that even remotely approaches the health and vigor this soil gives to our plants. Of course, we also give them plenty of tender loving care!
What plants and varieties will be available?
Please look at our plant section for what will be available this spring. We have updated our offerings this year. Both price and availability have caused us to tighten up our plant offerings. Seed companies are struggling to keep up with demand because of the pandemic and supply chain issues, and there may still be a few substitutions. Nevertheless, we will be sure to offer a more than adequate selection. If you have any questions, please email Hattie.
When will plants be available?
Our first planting of warm weather plants such as tomatoes is normally ready by May 1, with some cool weather plants available prior to that date. We will have at least a couple plantings of most items.
We will have regular hours, as well as available appointments at the garden so you can pickup your plants throughout May and into June. You will also have an opportunity to have us make recommendations and answer questions when you come.
Is there a deadline for buying CSA Plant Credits?
The deadline for participating in the CSA is March 1, but we encourage you to sign up and purchase your CSA credits as soon as you are able so that we can order what we need to get growing.
In addition, your credits do not expire, and may be used anytime during the year to buy anything we sell here at Hattie’s Garden.
How to Order Plant CSA Credits
- Go to the Plant CSA Order Form. This form will be available through March 1.
- Select any quantity of credits in $20, $50, $100, or $200 increments, for which you purchase at a 10% discount.
- If you do not receive your confirmation, please contact Hattie by email immediately so we can be sure we have your order.
- An invoice will be manually generated and emailed to you within a couple of days. Payment of your invoice secures your Plant CSA credits at your 10% discount.
- We cannot accept credit card payment for the CSA. You may use the bank transfer method available when you receive your invoice or you may pay by cash or check.
- We will email you a copy of your paid invoice for your records, but you do not need to bring it with you to get your plants. We retain a record of your credits and maintain an updated notebook at all our sales and at the HLFM.
Ready to get started? Sign Up Now.
Yours in the seed catalogs,