Hattie’s Garden is excited to be launching the 2016-2017 Delivery/Pickup Service. It is our hope this service helps fill in those cold winter months with lots of produce and artisan foods from many local vendors you are used to seeing at Historic Lewes Farmers Market and Rehoboth Beach Farmers Market.
As we have done in the past couple of years, we have an online order form. You can go directly to the order form by selecting (clicking) the order online button on the right, or any of the blue order text links throughout this post. Of course you can always go directly to our website.
Once you complete your order, you will receive a confirmation email listing items you ordered, and an estimated total. If you have changes or additions, you may either reply to the order confirmation, or email us, up until the Wednesday noon deadline. Important: If you do not receive your confirmation email, we do not have your order. A final invoice, including updates, will be sent to you Thursday or Friday.
If you need more information on how the service works, please see our Delivery Page.
Please try to place your order well ahead of our Wednesday NOON deadline. Orders are filled as they are submitted and some items sell out quickly. These items are removed from the order form when sold out.
Most of you will be familiar with our vendors, having shopped with them at local farmers markets during the growing season. This season we have 13 vendors.
- Hattie’s Garden — produce grown without the use of conventional fertilizers, pesticides or fungicides.
- Chesapeake Organic — full line of certified organic produce.
- Deep Grass Organic — certified organic produce, free-range eggs, salsa & horseradish mustard.
- Mossflower Cottage Farm — produce grown without the use of chemicals or pesticides. They will join us next week.
- Fresh Harvest Hydroponics — locally grown lettuce and greens as well as some important essential oils.
- Bohemia Lea Farm — sustainably-grown, pastured chicken, pork, beef, and free-range eggs.
- Twin Post Farm — eggs from free-range chickens fed all natural grain with no antibiotics.
- Black Hog Farmstead — fabulous farm-fresh tasty duck eggs from their own free range ducks and microgreens.
- Chapel’s Country Creamery — sustainably-produced cheese.
- Davidson’s Exotic Mushrooms — fresh Portobello, Shiitake, and Crimini mushrooms based out of Wilmington DE.
- Baues’ Busy Bees — raw honey and honey-based products from their own hives.
- Backyard Jams and Jellies – nearly 50 flavors of the best jams, jellies, mustards and chutneys.
- Patty’s Deli — freshly prepared gourmet food in the form of soups, comfort foods, braises, salads and sweets using many local ingredients.
And so, we hope you will eat well this winter! Remember the deadline for ordering is Wednesday at noon. Unfortunately, we won’t normally be able to take late requests, as we must place vendor orders quickly.
You will receive an updated reminder on Tuesday, but please order early to be sure you get everything you would like. Supplies are sometimes limited.
If you have any questions at all, please email Hattie directly for a prompt answer.
Thanks for helping to support your local vendors during their off-season!
Yours in the garden throughout the winter,